Dell Inspiron 3x21-5x21 Clover Install Guide - Dell

sugarface

42 posts in this topic

• 5 months later...

hey,their i followed the guide as it is everything went well the bootloader comes up,it says installing 6 mins to go and restarts automatically and the  installation starts from the begining..iam trying to install yosemite 10.10.1 any help?

Note:my hdd is already in gpt format so i created a partition using windows and tried to install on it by formatting it to mac os journal extended using disk utility during the setup process.

• 3 weeks later...

hello there i have a 3521 with an ati 7670m followed the guide and installed yosemite and running without errors. however, when i extract dsdt with clover f4, i dont have any ssdt-7, ssdt-8 or ssdt-9 as told in the guide. last one is ssdt-6. ati 7670m is not working despite it is shown in clover menu and system report. is there a way to make it work instead of hd4000 ? thx for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're struggling to create your 2 partition USB:

:- Plug in USB

:- Open Terminal.app

:- "diskutil list" and find the disk number of the drive eg: "/dev/disk2"

NEXT PART WILL NOT PROMPT FOR CONFIRMATION AND THERE ISN'T A TRIVIAL WAY TO UNDO THIS SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT DISK NUMBER

:- diskutil partitionDisk /dev/diskX 2 GPT "MS-DOS FAT32" CLOVER 1G "Journaled HFS+" Untitled R

(replacing diskX with the number of your disk, eg: disk2)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3521 (upggraded with 1 SSD Crucial + 8GB RAM). I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12.5.on my dual boot with Windows 10.

CPU power Management = ok (intellipower gadget swings from 800 to 1800GHZ)

Accelerated graphics HD4000 = ok

Ethernet = ok

USB 2 + USB3 =ok

Wifi N = ok (replaced the card with a Broadcom)

Trackpad + keyboard = ok

Sound = ok (used HDA Patcher 1.7)

Volume with key shortcut fn+F11/F12 = ok

Brithness with key shortcut fn + F4/F5 = ok

Apple nightshift = ok

CD/DVDrom = ok

Sleep = ok

Icloud with all options = ok

facetime/iMessage = ok

Applestore = ok

Itunes with store = ok

siri = ok

Time Machine = ok

dual boot with windows 10 = ok

Everything is ok, except card reader.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3521 (upggraded with 1 SSD Crucial + 8GB RAM). I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12.5.on my dual boot with Windows 10.

Ethernet = ok

USB 2 + USB3 =ok

Trackpad + keyboard = ok

Apple nightshift = ok

CD/DVDrom = ok

Sleep = ok

facetime/iMessage = ok

Applestore = ok

Itunes with store = ok

siri = ok

Time Machine = ok

How can u archive that? I can't make work well brightness keys, it goes to maximum or minimum with one press and only function once. 

at 10.10.5 i have a more range of brightness levels, in 10.12.5 the minimum brightness is not the same, is too bright. 

Ethernet = ok

USB 2 + USB3 =ok

Trackpad + keyboard = ok

Apple nightshift = ok

CD/DVDrom = ok

Sleep = ok

facetime/iMessage = ok

Applestore = ok

Itunes with store = ok

siri = ok

Time Machine = ok

Can you send me your config.plist? Im having big trouble in hd4000 graphics

as per my config, HD4000 does not requires heavy config. Make sure you tick "Inject Intel" and you inject "0x01668086" in Fake ID in clover (see screenshots).I'm using some kexts from Rehabman (FakePCIID_Intel_GbX + some others).  

This should run smoothly with full graphics accelerations. Let me know.

post-529544-0-74823000-1500799045.png

post-529544-0-29223200-1500799054_thumb.png

post-529544-0-87225400-1500799061_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

as per my config, HD4000 does not requires heavy config. Make sure you tick "Inject Intel" and you inject "0x01668086" in Fake ID in clover (see screenshots).I'm using some kexts from Rehabman (FakePCIID_Intel_GbX + some others).  

This should run smoothly with full graphics accelerations. Let me know.

Thanks! I am trying this now. Winch is your screen resolution?

I booted now from your config.plist, just changed SMBios, and installed this kexts form Rehabman, but my screen is having a lot of pixels error https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hSFlGtCO3OT200S0szdEV0MG8/view?usp=sharing

Well, I would not recommend to use my config.plist as it is. You should just copy/paste the parts you think that can be useful for your laptop, by using Xcode. i especially customized several parts to stick with my config (like memory RAM and so on...). Those would not be relevant for your hardware.

That's why in my previous post I have posted some screenshots for you to fine tune your config, based on your hardware.

My screeen resolution is 1366 x 768

Have you already a patched SSDT ? If not, use MacIASL and use the following patch, from rehabman repository.

post-529544-0-70023200-1500829521_thumb.png

Well, I would not recommend to use my config.plist as it is. You should just copy/paste the parts you think that can be useful for your laptop, by using Xcode. i especially customized several parts to stick with my config (like memory RAM and so on...). Those would not be relevant for your hardware.

That's why in my previous post I have posted some screenshots for you to fine tune your config, based on your hardware.

My screeen resolution is 1366 x 768

Have you already a patched SSDT ? If not, use MacIASL and use the following patch, from rehabman repository.

I'm still having graphic problems... I'm thinking in do a new fresh installation and try again. How you proceed your installation?

Thanks for all help that you are giving.