Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
KX AUDIO DRIVER MOD
Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver.
With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last version of kx audio driver, and also by using apple developer documentation for pci and audio drivers as reference, i am working to achieve 2 things mainly: get all the cards supported by the driver to work with all the recent versions os macOS and add support for other cards that are not officially supported by the driver that works or could, but needs to be more properly supported.
This driver is made to support cards based on the E-mu 10k1, 10k2 and similars (like what is used by audigy rx and audigy 4 cards).
Supported cards are:
- most of the sound blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series
- sound blaster 512
- sound blaster 256
- other creative and e-mu sound cards based on the 10k1 chip (cards with the ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 chips are not supported)
- sound blaster Audigy series (1 st gen)
- sound blaster Audigy 2 and audigy 2 zs series
- E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip
- Some Audigy 4 cards (SB0610 only) and the audigy 4 pro
- Sound blaster Audigy RX (sb0155)
- other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k2, 10k2,5 and CA10300 based cards)
NOT supported cards:
- Any ISA Sound card
- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
- CMI8738/CMI8788 based cards
- Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
- Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
- Any sound blaster recon3D
- Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
- Any sound blaster AE5 series
In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:
- increased the simple buffer frames number with different values for emu10k1 based cards and emu10k2 based cards (including recent audigy 4 and rx) to reduce and all the audio cracking issues and possibly fixing all of them on a lot of cards
- added a more proper support for the pci express sound blaster audigy rx (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip)
- added more fancy names for the cards in the settings and other menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)
- added support to sample rate chaning and added lots of sample rates (from 8 khz to 176,4 khz) to accomodate any possible usecase (note that 10k1 sound cards are limited up to 48khz sample rate, and 10k2 based cards for now are limited up to 176,4 khz and because of issues getting 192 khz to work, for now the driver goes up to 176,4 khz for supported cards)
- added boot args to manage the driver:
Boot args to use with the kx audio driver mod: -kx_disable or -kxdisable or -kxoff This will prevent the driver from doing any initialization work, so the driver is basically disabled, use it to boot your ssytem in case the driver is giving you issues and kernel panics while you are trying to boot/using your system, so you are able to remove this driver or replace it with another version of it or to do some truble shooting. -kx_debug or -kxdebug or -kxspec Will show more debug info about the card, mainly the i/o port address and the kind of bus that it uses -kx_exp_deb or -kx_beta or -kxbeta Will enable experimental and probably not working or unstable features like showing inputs for the card or 192 khz sampling rate, use it only for testing and debug purposes, this may likely cause instability and problems in the everyday usage! Use it at your own risk! -kx_original or -kxoriginal This will basically turn off almost all the mods of this mod, so the driver will come to work as it was before modding it, this can be usefoul as a "safe mode" like feture to have a working driver in case of problems with features of the mod, so using this means no crsking issues improvements, only 48 khz sample rate and only features of the non-modded kx audio driver for mac os x
- created a script file to use with the driver for debug and also installer replacement, it can be also used to unload and reload, replacement of the driver without rebooting
What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:
- I'd like mainly to add a more proper support to the pci bridge chip of the audigy rx,
- have audio inputs working,
- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,
- have the gameport/gameport midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out
If other developers would like to join and help me, you can, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.
link for the kext only (if you have clover put it in [your clover efi folder]/clover/kexts/[your macOS version]/ so it will not be deleted when updating macOS):
- download from the downloads section: kX Audio Driver Mod by ITzTravelInTime 1.01 - external download: https://dl.dropboxus...Driver.kext.zip link for the installer pack (the best way to install it, but you have to reinstall it when you upgrade macOS, remeber to fix kext permitions and rebuild the kernelcache if you want to remove the kext from it's install directory without using the unistall feature of the provvided script): - download: https://dl.dropboxus...aller pack.zip Source code from Git Hub: - github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver NOTE: Some system because of some problems with the HPET may need to use FixHPET in clover and to install the kext in /System/Library/Extensions
This driver is a mod of the popular kx audio driver for mac os x, the project goal is to still maintaining it for the future releases of mac os and to include as much cards as possible and to get all the features of the cards to work.
Currently the only features not supported are audio inputs and integrated midi and synth capabilitues of the cards, and some minor things like creative remote controllers or software controlled volume gears on creative external drives and bays)
It supports most the sound blaster live! series cards, the sound blaster PCI 512, most of the audigy (emu 10k2 based) series, audigy 1, audigy 2, audigy 2 zs, audigy 4 (SB0610), audigy 4 pro, audigy 5 and audigy rx (sb1550) and some e-mu edsp audio cards with all the recent versions of mac os, tested to work with mac os yosemite, el capitan, sierra and high sierra on intel based machines from socket 775 to 1151 (including enthusiast platforms like x58, x79, x99, x299) and also confirmed to work on mac pros.
Kx audio driver mod [sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]
Hi community !
Is anybody successful with 10.13.x and multiple GPUs on a desktop hack ?
My main rig (see in signature) HD4600 + GTX550Ti + GTX560 is working perfectly under 10.11.6 and 10.12.6.
Very simple to install, Intel IGPU set to active and primary in bios, inject intel and igplatformid in bootloader (enoch or clover), no nividia injection, since Fermi GPUs are natively supported. Smbios set to iMac14.2 for my Haswell CPU, and to avoid AppleGraphicsDeviceControl devices unloading.
But from 10.13.0 to 10.13.3, system boots fine until login screen where WindowServer crashes with a "no MTLDevice" error (MeTaL device I guess). I could workaround that error by unloading nvidia devices in AppleGraphicsDeviceControl, but that kind of defeats the purpose, since only the IntelHD4600 can then be used.
10.13.4 brings a little improvement, desktop can be reached, all 3 gpus active (AppleDisplay instances appear in IORegistryExplorer for Intel and Nvidias) but only Intel HDMI output shows desktop correctly, both nvidias (HDMI or DVI output) only show a black desktop where the mouse pointer can be moved normally. Displays can be arranged, orientation and resolution can be changed, as if everything was fine, but it is not.
Console shows the following repeated messages :
WindowServer (Skylight) : Unable to composite display surface due to null compositor.
WindowServer (CoreDisplay) : [ERROR] - Attempting to get capabilities from capabilities with no devices
Does anybody have an idea on how to avoid or workaround these errors ?
Things I've tried:
Bios Graphic Devices order changes (breaks everything unless IGPU is primary) nvidia injection in bootloader (fails in enoch, disables secondary nvidia GPU outputs in clover) Smbios changes and/or AppleDeviceControlPolicy plist edits (simply enables or disables nvidia outputs) nvidia official or web drivers (no changes at all, even though webdrivers are properly loaded ; requires nvram emulation with enoch) enoch or clover (no difference except clover boots a bit faster - than enoch with nvram - thanks to proper UEFI boot I guess) lilu intel and/or nvidia and/or coredisplay graphicsfixups (no visible changes but graphics devices names, and thus enables or disables AGPM) use binaries from Sierra 10.12.6 for CoreDisplay and/or Skylight frameworks (never reached desktop) NVIDIAeGPUSupport (no changes)
HI, i've installed high sierra a while ago and never really used it that much but i got bored of w10 so i've decided to use it as my daily driver for a while and i noticed that usb 3.0 ports don't work with usb 3 devices and only with usb 2.0 devices(capped at the 480mb/s limit of usb 2.0), is there a way to get past that? i couldn't find it in this forum, i don't need the speed that much for right now(even tho i might since i shoot in raw and usb 2.0 is slow for file transfer of big photos or videos i take on holidays or on days off) but i'd like to at least be able to use the usb 3.0s with my usb 3 devices and hub.
Hope that i write this post correctly, english is not my main language.
ps i don't need because i'm on lan but does it exist a driver/kext for intel wifi/bluetooth combo integrated in my z87 mpower(centrino 2200) ? bluetooth works already.
Hi people, can someone help to put my HDMI sound working? I already tried different methods and I can't figure a way to fix this problem. And another question, someone knows why the HDMI port just work if i use macbook pro 14,2 on smbios? Because my hardware is much more similar to 14,3.
My system dump