ATI Radeon X600 QE & CI Problems

8 posts in this topic

Well after a long night of trying to get QE and CI to work I am finally looking for some more suggestions. I have an HP Pavillion ZD8230us laptop with the 128MB Radeon x600 Mobility, The Flat Panel is 1440x900 Native. I have seen some reports on here about people that have got it working but no share as to how. I have tried Callisto and then patching but the computer on startup freezes on the grey screen with the spinning wheel. The wheel completely stops however there is a mouse cursor and I can move that and that is all I get. If I try Verbose mode I just get a black screen.. As far as castillo is concerened I can only use build 003 to change he resolutions, If I use 006 or 008 as soon as I select a res the screen goes black and stays black..

So... Any Ideas on what to do? I have even patched with a Hex editor with the same problem....

I've the same HP laptop as you. This is what I did and it works perfect:

1. Install the KoverG-patch to use the default Radeon 9700 extension. This will give you QE&CI support (you'll need the device_id of the graphics-interface, my device_id is 3150, but check yours...)

2. Install the Callisto b003 patch for using all by hardware supported resolutions.

3. QE and CI support is gone after installation of the Callisto patch, but comes back this way:

"How do I get the QE/CI/OpenGL KEXTs to work with Callisto?

Look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder for ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin/. Edit its Info.plist, under IOProviderClass key change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB, update or delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache (both located in /System/Library), then reboot."

When you've done this you will have QE & CI support and all by hardware supported resolutions. Side effect can be mouse artifacts, which can be solved by using mouse-locator. Only your built-in lcd-screen will work, external connections won't work with the Callisto patch.

Check the README's of the two patches for installation details...

koverg_patch9700_v0.2.tar

Callisto_b003fixed.zip

• 3 months later...
I've the same HP laptop as you. This is what I did and it works perfect:

1. Install the KoverG-patch to use the default Radeon 9700 extension. This will give you QE&CI support (you'll need the device_id of the graphics-interface, my device_id is 3150, but check yours...)

2. Install the Callisto b003 patch for using all by hardware supported resolutions.

3. QE and CI support is gone after installation of the Callisto patch, but comes back this way:

"How do I get the QE/CI/OpenGL KEXTs to work with Callisto?

Look in your /System/Library/Extensions folder for ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin/. Edit its Info.plist, under IOProviderClass key change IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB, update or delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache (both located in /System/Library), then reboot."

When you've done this you will have QE & CI support and all by hardware supported resolutions. Side effect can be mouse artifacts, which can be solved by using mouse-locator. Only your built-in lcd-screen will work, external connections won't work with the Callisto patch.

Check the README's of the two patches for installation details...

Well! my X600 works very well! And my 3d program works,but i have a question that even my 3d is work but in system information QI/EI still not support.

why?