10.6.8 post install issues.

20 posts in this topic

jC7IlhOl.jpg

...wwwwhhhhyyyyyyyyyy?

"Press any key" it says as it sits there...HARD locked.

This is post installtion, it works fine...almost with Chameleon RC4/5 off the IAtkos S3 disc but, when i update to chimera

... it hard locks after "can'tfind SMBIOS", i set it a manualy smbios/system infromation with ##### linked above then edited it some more with Chameleon Wizard.

{censored} I said befote it works fine... mostly with the Chameleon boot loads in cluded on iAtkos S3 but, there is one notable bug, clicking "about this mac" craches the GUI, which then promts the GUI to re laod after blue screen is dispalyed fora few seconds. ironicly when i tried to manualy set an SMBIO with chameleon wizard before when itwas working with the iAtkos S3 included boot laoders it didn't fix about this mac GUI crash. Who knows maybe i dind't do it right.

Any ways i'm guess it's all related?

Pentium 4 524       http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_4/Intel-Pentium%204%20524%203.06%20GHz%20-%20HH80547PE0831MM%20%28BX80547PE3066E%29.html

1gb ddr2

P4M900-M4 motherboard (socket 478)

SPARKLE GT 240 1GB DDR3

500GB IDE MAXTOR HDD (healthy)

Legacy kernel on iAtkos S3 disc UPGRADED TO > http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/download/1760-kernel-for-10-6-8-intel-amd/

BOOT OPTIONS:

32 bit boot

Grahpics Enabler

npci=0x2000

EDIT: after waiting a while press any works....

about this mac works!!!

HOWEVER my SPARKLE GT240 doesn ot work.

also how do i make it auto boot instead of asking me to press any key?

also you might wanan see this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/255532-problems-with-gt240/?do=findComment&comment=2040874

and this: https://imgur.com/a/R15gA

EDIT: if i boot up WITHOUT "-v" (verbose) the boot logos shows that "no" sign like it's crashed.

EDIT: i have to wait five minutes after "press any key" before it will register a key stroke.

also my VIA chipset has HPET, can i use "force HPET" in Chameleon Wizard?

EDIT: using EFISTUDIO and adding the GTX9800 option does not make the video card work with accleration or show up correctly in system profiler. it does how ever show up as GTX980 in system profiler, so if any one has an EFI string for a GT 240 1gb that would be nice to try.

Edited by cdoublejj
Pick an appropriate title and tags (if any) for your post. A good title makes it easier to find what you are looking for. Using informative tags allows for improved searching of related topics.

Hello

Your hardware is a bit old...

I advice try Snow Leopard DVD retail+nawcom modCD.

I do not have either of those. also not only is the hardwar old it's extreme uncommon. since when was there PCIe and DDR2 on socket 478? that would be like an orginal nintendo with an SSD or some kind of video card in it. :hysterical:

If all else fails i'll consider that. do  make sure you have seen my edits as otherwise the system is working pretty good. even better if i can the video card working the only thing i will need to sort is the press any key issue.

found an interesting post, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/225948-gt-240-woes/

this might help me find or make an EFI string.

cdoublejj,

here's no support for iAtkos and tonymac stuff.

Why don't you install a vanilla system?

Really? IS this a new policy? i did not know this.

There would be some interesting... mountains to climb with retail Disc since iAtkos offersome things retail disc does not. such as findin the correct, kexts and patched legacy kernels. all assuming you use 10.6.3 retail disc... a 10.6.8 retail disc might open up a whole other can of worms. Also there are things i might not be as keen on that need to be done on the retail disc that do not understand.

On similar note, what ever happened to Chameleon? is it/are they still aorund?

Are there forums that open dsiccus iAtkost and tony mac? the biggest wall i face with hackintosh is discconect of valubalbe ifnrmation between both communites.

" i can't tell you how that works i we don't say that name here" (being dramatic of course)

Started in 2012: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/

Also, the Pentium 4 524 is a LGA775 CPU. All 5xx and 6xx P4's are LGA 775, and the 6xx are mostly 64-bit.

Just don't expect support here with Chimera and iB00t. Go to  tony himself :)

And you can find everything he has by using google, as his distros are really combos of kexts and packages made by other people.

Charmelon is still actively developed, and can boot 10.10 with some tweaks.

• Like 1

thanks for the info.

also i made small snafu, it's 532 ....i think i need to go to windows and find out for sure.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_4/Intel-Mobile%20Pentium%204%20532%203%20GHz%20-%20RK80546HE0831M.html

it's 533mhz bus, runs aorund 3ghz has 1mb cache and is socket 478 and only 84 watts since it came out of laptop.

SL 10.6.8 runs quite well, i actualy had better working setup with an HD5570 but gave the card otsome one and in need. I was told the GT240 is supposed to be an OOB card as ususal there is no such thing as OOB SERIES just a few specific cards.

For sec there i read is NOT activly developed... i was like then how... oooohhh. Have no diea what thedeal is with 10.10 loks like nothing new on the tech side but, that's another topic.

It really sucks to see the disagree ment since there is little ot no open source replacment for TM at least not that scale, ALL guides point to TM, TM is quitlertialy the king of the mountain. readin the lin you posted i defintly see IM's point of view but, it hurts the users, however i understand closed source can be hard to deal with. i think TM also does not allow the discussion of any thing other than TM products.

What gets me is OSX is closed soruce and costs money. Then again a lot of software is. Even worse is the community being diss jointed means even more exploitation for money. I bet the guy who have frim grasp on the different distros and software are proably charging money. (local bussiness no online documention or contributions to the hackintosh community). It seems the smaller forums that do not take sides have little activity.

Don't take it as complaint but, more as an obersavtion. i supppose one could say something is better than nothing.

anyways what bootl oader do you guys suggest?

Charmelon, downloadable here for bootloader. GraphicsEnabler=Yes should work. If you still get the SMBIOS error after installing Charmelon, make an SMBIOS with Charmelon Wizard. 10.10, aka Yosemite and still in Developer Preview stage, is the new OS X that will be released along with iOS 8.

cdoublejj,

here's no support for iAtkos and tonymac stuff.

Why don't you install a vanilla system?

only for iAtkos M (Mavericks)

the previous releases are still supported

edit: change your topic title, please

I already warned you about this 

Your topic does not deserve any more attention than others seeking help hence topic titles must reflect their content, and topic titles containing things like: 'please help' 'look here' 'cash reward' 'urgent' or other inaccurate descriptions will be removed. This includes all-caps titles.
  • Like 1

only for iAtkos M (Mavericks)

the previous releases are still supported

edit: change your topic title, please

I already warned you about this 

Sir please do not tease me. is there really an iAtkos for Mavericks....after al lthis wait!? :w00t:

I'm not trying to be mean or challenge authority but, why is iAtsko not supported and why is mavericks and exception? is iAtkos mavericks open source and prio release close source?

Charmelon, downloadable here for bootloader. GraphicsEnabler=Yes should work. If you still get the SMBIOS error after installing Charmelon, make an SMBIOS with Charmelon Wizard. 10.10, aka Yosemite and still in Developer Preview stage, is the new OS X that will be released along with iOS 8.

I'm 80% sure (I hope i'm wrong) it will still have the same problem but, it's worth a shot. it's not able to load SMBIOS from the board. seting a manual SMBIOS only apeases itunes and about this mac and various other OSX services, which aredefintly thing you want to work.

Are newer/newest version of chameleon support to backwards comaptbile? is there differecne between chimera nd chameleon? is Chimera closed source? How come the chameleon home pag's front page is last dated 2012? is  this foru mthe new home to chameleon? also i noticed it's an SVN? does that mean developer/alpha version?

Mavericks has been mean to mea it refuses to work after intial boot up posti nstal with my GTX480.

Assuming all whent correctly and well it still has the same press any key bug. I have to say this, it a lot further than i have gotten the past.  I wonder if it's bugging out trying to read my my motherboard's SMBIOS. it could maybe isolated to this particular chipset/setup?

Yes I did set up another SMBIOS in Chameleon Wizard.

MAn i've gotten further with this than i have before. even got PS2 mous to stop being inverter and about this mac working. the only thing holding me back is the video card and press any key hang. i wonder fi i make my own GT240 EFI string if the video card will work and if maybe this will fix the hang?

I used to have an HD5570 it had FULL 3D accleration but, was not properly identfied, i wonder if the problems are tied to together?

EDIT: actualy installing Chameleon has cuaseda Kernel panic, so now i ask 2 question did instal lcorrectly? did it know to move chimera out of the way like chimera does for Chameleon? Does Chimera have something Chameleon does not?

EDIT: I've also added 512mb of ram, so i'm gonna do some stress testing in windows to see if maybe 1 of the ram sticks erors out.....just in case.

Did a clean install and tried Chameleon 2.2 again and it kernel panics. I'm gonna say it's Chameleon. Almost tempted to try Enoch but, i don't know if Enoch is any different than chameleon. I'm actaly wondering weather i can try or finda newer version of Chimeria or try one of the othert booter loaders on the disc.

EDIT: this explains why non of the boot loaders cna find the SMBIOS table, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/104670-unable-to-find-smbios-table/?do=findComment&comment=745457

• 1 month later...

got my old HD5570 back, it still only shows up as an H5000 but, 3d accel is on. I think i have things nailed down, i have reaming issue, about this mac crashes even if i set a manual SMBIOS as chameleon no matter the version can find my boards smbios.

However newer version of chameleon fix that issue but, have hang for 5-15 minutes at SMBIOS not found at boot. I'm about to confirm that bu upgrading from chameleon rc4 to something newer. RC4 does not hang at boot but, cause aobut this mac to crash. Newer version fix aobut this mac but, hang at boot. EDIT: confirmed.

EDIT: Or maybe back to sqaure 1, GTA III says it need direct x 8.1 or later. and titan attacks falt out does not launch. I wish there was a model number specific video card HCL for SL, even supported cards don't work based on vendor.