Clover doesn't show msata SSD

lightskreen

23 posts in this topic

Check first if it is showing in installer again to see if it is a hardware problem then check if you are hiding any entry in config.plist

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI#Hide

The hardware is fine in OS X because I can boot the installer via usb and install to it. After install, tthe mac partition where I installed simply is nonexistent, though. I'll look into unhiding entries and whatnot. Thanks fo the help!

Now I'm completely sure it's clover not being able to see the partition. Tried making a chameleon flash drive and it finds the partition and can at least attempt to boot on it. I want to use clover really because my laptop has UEFI and all that and I would prefer that. It also actually starts that way rather then just hanging when I try.

Hello!

If you are able to select and set your msata drive in the bios as bootdrive, it should be for sure be bootable. If not, you have to install your bootloader to an other drive and select this one as bootdrive to be perhaps able to select the partition with OSX on the msata drive to boot from. If you are able to see the partiton on your msata by booting from your clover usb-stick and can boot from it, it should for sure work in this way.

Have fun.

Hello!

Have you installed OSX  in the way with recovery partiton and have gotten an successful autoreboot at the end of the first process or have you made your installer with transfering the install image?

Have fun.

I've imaged it over so no second process. Although, I did try the way before with the recovery partition but it wouldn't let me boot into the installer. And by that, I mean, i would hit enter on the option in clover and it would go right back to the clover menu every time.

It's for sure AHCI. Once again, it works fine once I get into the installer. It simply is not showing up in the clover menu. The only thing I could possibly think of is that there's something different to do with msata or perhaps I need to get that two part installation working.

Hello!

If your msata is showing up in bios as drive (selectable as bootdrive or not does not matter, in this moment) you can boot into your installer, repartiton the msata drive, that has been never part of a kind of raid config, in guid-format with diskutility, and install OSX on the drive, then I don`t know more, for helping you to solve your problem.

Have fun.

I'm going to remake the usb installer using this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/"pen drive name" --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

Of course replacing the name of the flash drive with the actual name. I'm also using the latest clover and only fakesmc, ncpm, and genericxhci kexts (There's only usb 3 on the laptop).

Hallo!

I think, transfering the image is more tolerant for doing an install. Your problems seem to be relateted with the hardware of your device. If it´s msata slot is shrinked down for could being used only in a raid config, you need a modded bios. And if this mod alone can make the slot fully working, is written on an other sheet of paper.

Have fun.

Hello!

If in the windows install, that you had on your device, the msata ssd has acted as a SSD cache for the win had (in bios for example intel rapid storage technologie activated) than your msata ssd is part of a raid, you have to solve up first by deactivating the technologie in win and bios and refpartiton your msata as single drive, to get it recognized and partionable by other os.

But all given tip´s are a bit of guess, because you don´t share anything about the current hardware, on which you try to install OSX.

Have fun.

Oh sorry, the specs are as follows:

Laptop model: Vizio CT14-A4
CPU: i5-3317u
Ram: 4 gb ddr3
SSD: msata toshiba ssd (Pretty long model number)
Graphics: HD 4000
Display: 1600x900 ips display

Sadly, Vizio is really bad at documenting this thing. As well as anyone who has ever tried to hackintosh this line of laptops.

And the rapid start technologies in the firmware menu are disabled. The SSD is the only thing that's in the laptop so it's frustrating me that it would be this hard. I managed to get chameleon to boot into the installer with some dsdt edits, but when I hit the installer I'll start making my way through the installer steps and it will randomly reboot. It seems to happen when I hit install or try to access the disk utility. Not sure what causes it. The graphics are pretty choppy too, so I think it might be my graphics.

The only argument I'm booting with is -x

I successfully have installed a linux distribution on the drive yesterday as a test, actually. I just purchased an msata-sata adapter and torx screwdrivers so i can transplant the ssd to my old laptop, install, then try booting it from there. I think it's just not completing the install completely.

PROGRESS!!! I decided to try mountain lion cause why not and I was able to install with a chameleon installer successfully, then boot using clover without nullcpupowermanagement.kext but with fakesmc and i can get to the desktop. Now my graphics are just incredibly choppy. There's horrendous mouse lag. Better than nothing though!

Hello!

Nice to hear. The best and easiest way for you to figure all things out, is to get the chameleon install perfect working and then config a clover usb-stick. After Clover is working perfect on usb, you can do a safe Clover installl on your hdd.

Have fun.