Symtoms of the ATI DVI Issue

6 posts in this topic

I have done a fair amount of searching but come up blank and was wondering if someone could answer the following please?

If you are suffering from the ATI DVI issue, does it manifest itself by blanking your screen with either a solid red or solid blue colour?

Just install 10.4.7 last night and my main screen goes red and my secondary screen goes blue as OSX is about to show the desktop.....just making sure its this issue before trying to get hold of a DVI>VGA converter.

Should also have selected Intel SSE3 package, but I doubt that is your problem.

As I said, the x1950 is new. Not sure anyone has tested it. Would suggest running first without the x1600 support. Then if you want to add it, follow the Boris link in my signature. Posting #1 gives a manual method and posting #3 has the installer. They work in slightly different ways and may give slightly different results.

Try the DVI-VGA adapter.

Thanks, Ill give that a go :blink:

I presume without the ATI drivers I will only get VESA modes that the card supports?

Does the SSE3 patch do anything but allow SSE4 instructions to be down-converted? As I have a C2D (which supports SSE4), I thought that I wouldn't need that particular patch?