why cant i see my HD?

belgiumW

18 posts in this topic

hy

when i put my dvd of mac os 10.4.7 x86 then i see the apple picture and then the install

but when he say where to put it in witch HardDisk then i cant see my hard disk anymore :s

did i make something wrong ?

pls help me ^_^

my motherbord is a p4ge-fsc

I went to the Asus website and they don't have your motherboard with the "fsc" so I looked at the P4GE-MX.

It has ATA100 controller, not SATA.

If you are installing to a partition on your hard drive, use a utility to be sure the partition is primary, not logical or extended. Format it as FAT32 to be sure it is OK. If you can, in the utility, try to set the type of the partition to AF. During installation, use Disk Utility to Erase the partition to MacOS Extended Journaled.

If you are installing to an empty hard drive, then format the whole drive as FAT32. When you go to Disk Utility, select the partition (displayed below the hard drive on the left) and Erase it as MacOS Extended Journaled.

U have to use Disk Util under Utilities at the top of the install screen, format it Mac OS X journaled. Then it will show up.

His previous response to using Disk Utility is the following:

when the install begin and its ask for the hd normaly you can then show witch hd you want to install with that but now i can't see any of them :s

Where that refers to Disk Utility and he says he can't see them.

So, we need to find a reason his ATA drive isn't showing up in Disk Utility.

During the installation, when you get to the window where you are to click the Install button, you must first click the Customize button and choose packages for your computer. Click the little arrow next to the patches category to reveal the individual packages. Select Intel or AMD packages, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest version of OSX. Select other packages only if you know your computer can use them.

10.4.6: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4249

10.4.7: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4499