Intel HD4600 Graphics issues after 10.9.4 update (Clover)

DoGuiTTo

9 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I had a perfect Hackintosh dual boot (OS X and W8) with Clover UEFI.

Everything was working perfectly (Wifi with 5Ghz, Bluethooth, Audio, etc).

So today I applied the 10.9.4 update knowing that the only issue would be the HDMI sound  (worked fine but I used my speakers). 

Now, every time I boot into system I got this screen for about 10 seconds and then everything goes OK.

I think that its a CLOVER problem because I didn't change config.plist in clover after update. If I disable Inject Intel on CLOVER the system boots fine  with QE/CI acceleration enabled too.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

By the way this is my CLOVER config.plist and also uploaded boot.log.

The version of CLOVER is 2747

My specs are:

GA-Z87N-WIFI

Intel Haswell i5 4750

Azurewave AW-CE123 (changed the original that came with MB)

Samsung SDD 840EVO

WD 2TB

8GB RAM

27" Philips Monitor

EDIT: Hi guys ... I solved it ... and it was the only thing I didn't looked at. The HDMI Cable ... I discovery that entering in Windows and noting that HDMI audio wasn't working there too... sorry for the waste of time ...

Now I have my 100% hackintosh working again.

post-478392-0-21522000-1404276613_thumb.jpg

config.plist.zip

bootlog.log.txt

Edited by DoGuiTTo
  • Like 1

Hi DoGuiTTo;

I have similar specs as you and have this issue on my rig; however I'm running ML 10.8.5. When I had Mavericks installed; it also possessed this same problem, however I had to turn the monitor off then back on again for it to be resolved. Never worried about trying to find a fix.

On a side note - How stable is your system running 10.9.4? I have had nothing but system hide freezes(reboot to resolve) on all sub versions of Mavericks and have decided to stay clear of it.

Hi thornton.as,

I can say my system is full stable. With 10.9.3 it was perfectly (all the patching I did  with clover except the HDMI patch) so I was like an real mac, no freezes at all.

Now with the 10.9.4 I don't have HDMI and have this little issue with the first 10 seconds on the boot process (I hear the Skype sound before the screen turn back to normal).

For me Mavericks is perfectly and I use it as my first OS over W8.1. 

• Like 1

did you guys try toleda's Patchs ? i think it might move you forward and fix this issue

also from my perspective HD4600 on OS X is still buggy even on HDMI it has bugs

• Like 1

I have not tried toleda's patch because when I compile my dsdt file it has 70 errors. So I don't know how to compile a clean dsdt file. I need to learn how to do that.

if you're using a desktop

here is his repo

https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers 
  • Like 1

if you're using a desktop

here is his repo

https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers 

I have a laptop. I have successfully updated to 10.9.4 with full graphics acceleration and everything that was working in 10.9.3 is working on 10.9.4 so now I am happy. I also noticed that I have the HDMI option in my system report but it still doesn't work because I don't have a dsdt patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys ... I solved it ... and it was the only thing I didn't looked at (HDMI Cable).

I discovery that when I booted Windows and HDMI audio wasn't working there too... sorry for the waste of time ...

Now I have my 100% hackintosh working again.