Graphic issues

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I eventually succeeded in installing and booting Yosemite thanks to the guides here though I never used Clover before.

Now the problem is that i get a HD 2000 7 mb for my HD 3000 and even if I switch to my Asus GTX 560 the system is incredibly slow and I get poor graphics. Maybe I'm doing wrong with Clover I don't know but some good advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot

delete all IntellHD graphics kexts from S/L/E repair permissions with Kext Utility/reboot, disable HD3000 from the BIOS

This is not a solution at all... Removing drivers does not make the GPU magically work. 

Hi, I eventually succeeded in installing and booting Yosemite thanks to the guides here though I never used Clover before.

Now the problem is that i get a HD 2000 7 mb for my HD 3000 and even if I switch to my Asus GTX 560 the system is incredibly slow and I get poor graphics. Maybe I'm doing wrong with Clover I don't know but some good advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot

This is a Beta OS so you need to expect there to be issues and if you plan to use a Beta OS you need to figure out the solution then post it. Else use 10.9.3 or older builds of Mac OS X. 

• Like 1

delete all IntellHD graphics kexts from S/L/E repair permissions with Kext Utility/reboot, disable HD3000 from the BIOS

Thanks for help

This is not a solution at all... Removing drivers does not make the GPU magically work. 

This is a Beta OS so you need to expect there to be issues and if you plan to use a Beta OS you need to figure out the solution then post it. Else use 10.9.3 or older builds of Mac OS X. 

First thanks for your help. Then of course it's a beta as you said but I was thinking about my miserable knowledge of Clover compared to Chameleon etc.. But I got it. I'll wait and in the meanwhile I'll keep on with my stable 10.9.2. Hackintosh is a fever. Great

• 2 weeks later...

I made a fresh installation with Clover and updated via software update to DP2. In System Profiler it says HD 2000 7 mb. I could enable ALC 882 and Realtek Ethernet. No success trying with old kexts from Mavericks or other kexts found here for enabling HD 3000 on Yosemite. I'll wait hoping there will be a solution step by step.

This is a known bug that is yet to be ironed out.  You can sometimes see the same artifacts on the dock, but hovering your mouse over the apps on the dock will make the problem go away however with the menu bar, you need to change the blur by changing the background, even if temporary - bit of a pain, but it should get it looking normal again.

• 1 month later...

I think you'll need a DSDT for your graphics...

I eventually erased everything and did a fresh install with Chameleon. Then I updated till DP6. I enabled HDA, with HDEF Layout ID 3, put a patched SSDT-1 by Toleda in Extra and root (even if I don't use HDMI) and chose Drop SSDT in Chameleon Wizard as well as Generate P-States and C-States and all the usual settings. It worked. Maybe it's not the best way but it works. Thanks

post-1154930-0-18767200-1408543783_thumb.png

post-1154930-0-75070300-1408543835_thumb.png