Stuck at "Still waiting for root device"

15 posts in this topic

I am experiencing a big trouble. I tried adding "kext-dev-mode=1" to my boot-args and put my fakesmc.kext to /S/L/E of my install usb. But all I got is "Still waiting for root device". I can't even boot into single user mode because there is simply no root device detected!

I can boot Mavericks without any problem. I use Clover throughout the tests. Here is my build.

MB: ASUS Maximus VI Gene

CPU: Xeon 1230 V3

GFX: Gigabyte 780ti OC

Same problem here,

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, BIOS version 15q, pre modified with kexts for LAN (and FakeSMC, for that matter)

CPU: i7 3770k

GFX: GTX 680

I can run Mavericks just fine...

I think I figured out why.

When restoring BaseSystem.dmg, drag the usb drive's volume's icon instead of the whole drive to destination field

The difference is the partition table and the EFI partition. Restoring an image to a volume will not erase EFI partition as well as the partition table.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

posting from Yose. slow as heck. I solved my waiting for device , I had to move the yose kernel  to yosemite drive using Maverick . > at boot -f -v graphicesmode=no. (for waiting Dmos)

Later I used chameleonlist in Mav to set the boot. after Yose up and running. 

Don't know why it is so slow. Mav and Yose are on different HD. Yose was the primary at setup.

Used Chameleon 2377 yosemite boot-loader now for everything. on 8g usb