Via VT1802(Problems With Microfone.)

14 posts in this topic

I installed your modified kext again, and it seems like it has the same result as I had in the beginning, although it seemed like the mic activated and then immediately deactivated, because I saw the sensitivity bars changing very fast, and then it stopped and disappeared. ???

Hello again,

I'm wondering if the Sound Assertions have to do with the microphone problem, as I'm getting the sound assertions I listed in an earlier post...

Is there a way to patch / fix / get rid of the sound assertions?

-AGuyWhoIsBored

Hello,

I have done some more research and such with this AppleHDA microphone thing. I had this absurd idea that maybe going into a program that used the microphone (Skype for example) would be able to get the microphone working. When I went into Skype's preferences and checked the microphone, it looked like it was completely working! So I went into the Sound Preferences and checked the mic, and lo behold, it was working! Very weird though, since when I went to try it again on the next boot up, it seemed unstable. Just something to share, though.

-AGuyWhoIsBored

EDIT,

I was looking through some of the kexts I have installed in S/L/E, and it seems like my ElanTouchpadDriver from EmiLyDinEsh (Correct me if I'm wrong) has some settings about EAPD, and although I don't really know what that is, do you think it might have any effect on the microphone (problem)?

Sorry if this is off-topic, if you can redirect me to another forum to post that would be great :)

Thanks for all of your work Mirone!

-AGuyWhoIsBored

Mirone,

It worked with the original kext I sent you (the one I downloaded), because it seemed like your 2nd patched kext broke the internal speakers. I will try this "EAPD fix" as soon as possible.

-AGuyWhoIsBored

EDIT:

I am currently tinkering with the EAPDFix.kext patches and all, and I discovered something interesting in my codec dump that might relate to the problem, something about "Mic Boost Volume", which seemed like what the guy in this post (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293539-applehda-patched-successfully-but-int-mic-has-very-low-sensitivity/) was trying to do:

Node 48 [Pin Complex] wcaps 4195339: Stereo Amp-In
  Control: name="Mic Boost Volume", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=In, idx=0, ofs=0
  Control: name="Mic Phantom Jack", index=0, device=0
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0, nsteps=3, stepsize=47, mute=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0 0]
  Pincap 32: IN
  Pin Default 2426798576: [Fixed] Mic at Int N/A
    Conn = Digital, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 15, Sequence = 0
    Misc = NO_PRESENCE
  Pin-ctls: 32: IN
  Power states:  D0 D1 D2 D3 EPSS
  Power: setting=D0, actual=D0

-AGuyWhoIsBored

EDIT 2:

I have been Skyping my friends to test the microphone and such, and they say that they can hear me, and then it goes away...that they hear "static".

Very interesting information, don't you think?

-AGuyWhoIsBored

EDIT 3:

I think I have successfully patched the EAPDFix.kext Info.plist with the required information, can you check it for me? I will send my config_dump in decimal and the EAPDFix.kext for the EAPDFix. In the meantime I will install it and see if anything changes :).

-AGuyWhoIsBored

EDIT 4:

It seems like I have partially configured the EAPDFix.kext correctly, because I get these messages in "sudo dmesg" (at bottom of edit)...

A little surprise though, all of the sound assertions in dmesg are completely gone! I'm surprised and don't know why, but thats that...

About the microphone problem, seems like it still isn't working, but I'll tinker more with it in the meantime...

EAPDFix v1.6 Copyright © EMlyDinEsH (OSXLatitude) 2013-2014.

EAPDFix: EAPD is disabled, Trying to enable...

EAPDFix: Codec verb sent successfully to enable EAPD.

EAPDFix: EAPD is enabled.

EAPDFix: Output set to Headphones.

-AGuyWhoIsBored

codec_dump_dec.txt

EAPDFix.kext.zip

EDIT [5/27/14]:

I have been doing some research and such on this microphone, and I have also been trying to inject different "External Microphone" nodes into EAPDFix.kext. I think the overall problem is that the mic has low sensitivity, because I am typing this in a loud room and the microphone is picking up all of it.

-AGuyWhoisBored

EDIT 2:

I recorded the microphone input for several minutes, and when I listened to it, it is just different volume levels of static. Is there a fix for this, since I thought the only thing wrong with the mic was that the sensitivity was too low.

-AGuyWhoIsBored

EDIT 3:

I am trying to currently fix this problem, and it seems like in the Audio MIDI Setup, the microphone will only detect any type of input on the 44.1KHz channel. Setting it to the 48 or 96KHz channels deactivates the microphone...

I will try to look into this more

-AGuyWhoIsBored

• 5 weeks later...