Microphone problems with VIA 1802 Codec w/ AppleHDA

1 post in this topic

InsanelyMac Zip for AppleHDA.zip

Hi all,

I have download a patched AppleHDA for the VIA 1802 codec for Mavericks 10.9.2 here. (I couldn't find the exact one so I found the one closest to it, the one that worked for Mavericks 10.9.2) The sound is working nicely, except that the internal microphone isn't working. It seems like when I go into the Sound Preferences that the microphone is there, but it isn't working. The sensitivity bar never goes up or down marking that it is active, but whenever I start the computer and check, it seems like it is working, and then turns off...

I will attach my DSDT and AppleHDA, since it has all of the Platforms.xml and layoutX.xml.

I have used layout 3 as specified in the download I used, so that the audio will be detected properly, and I have also injected that layout into Clover.

I will also attach my verbs.txt, codec_dump.txt, codec_dump.txt.svg, codec_dump_dec.txt, codec_dump_dec.txt.svg, and verbitdebug.txt. Hope this will help anyone who is searching for the same answer to this problem.

EDIT:

Forgot to add this to the description:

In the dmesg and system.log I consistently get these sound assertions, and I get the ones below the dashed lines on boot...

Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 2197

Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 3158

------

Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 352

Sound assertion in AppleHDAWidget at line 4271

Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 1374

-AGuyWhoIsBored