No Audio Realteck ALC888s what about Restart and Shut Down

dsalsa

3 posts in this topic

Obviously there is no solution for my audio what about for the Restart and Shut Down.  They don't work. The Restart is not that important I can always shut it down and restart it manually if needed but obviously need to get to shut down to work. It does seem to do a partial shut down because my monitor goes in to standby mode which means the computer stops sending a signal to the monitor, now I don't know if the hard drive is shut down or not it's a sad, but I do know that my fan is still running which make me assume that my memory and processor are still receiving power.  Any one knows how to perform a full shut down.

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz AM3 Mobo: MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 | Memory: 3Gb | Graphic: GeForce 9500 GT  | HDD: 320GB  | SSD: 120GB | OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / OS X Maveriks 10.9

• 4 weeks later...

Please tell us what kernel you are using. As for audio you should be fine trying VoodooHDA, AppleHDA will not be easy getting it working as most AMD CPU's require the npci=0x2000 arg

• 1 month later...

I am using amd_kernel. Got the audio working. actually it was working all along just had to make adjustments in VoodooHDA and not in Sound. I thought I would mention something I just thought about and don't know why I didn't think about it before as it seems to be very obvious. One of the messages I get during boot is Power management not supported or something like that. So I probably need to change my power management to get my restart and shutdown to work. I'll wait to hear from the experts out there and maybe they could also recommend me a kext to use. By the way I do use the npci=0x2000 arg among several others, which are in my extra folder except for -v -f which I have to enter manually or else my Maverics won't boot. It's unusual that I have to use -v which is jut verbose mode and -f every time.