ML on GA EP45-UD3P? Problems...

7 posts in this topic

Hi People,

i still use my old but (usually) reliable original lifehackers build, featuring a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.0), 8GB RAM. Originally equipped with a nVidia 9500 GT then later dual gfx with 9500gt/gtx285 and now 9500gt/GTX680 - if it would work. Right now i am just trying to get this thing rolling, so far without luck. I installed ML using Kakewalk and using the method by another big hackintosh site which doesnt seem to be friends with this. Funny enough, with both methods the installation works fine, but then the system hangs on bootup.

Without changing anything, it stalls at PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN.

This can be fixed by either using npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 both seem to work.

Then the boot process advances to the point where the graphics drivers are loaded. I tried booting the system only with one gfx card (both the 9500gt and the gtx680) no success. In both combinations i tried graphicsenabler=yes / no. I tried deleting the NV* kexts, since that was suggested somewhere, no change. Obviously i also tried booting safe mode (-x) - doesnt start.

I can only boot up using single user mode, thats the furthest i get. I am kind of baffled why i am having so much problems, since there are a lot of success stories of people with the same board and ML, so i think the graphics card must be the culprit.... There is also an error with "Sound assertion in ApplaHDADriver..." but i removed the AppleHDA kexts and it was the same.

I would really appreciate any suggestions what else i can try, since i ran out of ideas ... i cannot try installing mavericks because i have a software that runs only on mountain lion or below...

thanks,

t.

ok, since nobody seems to have a hint for what else i could try, let me rephrase the question: are there combinations of graphics card that are impossible to get up and running (like my 9500gt and the gtx680)?

For the GTX680 you need GraphicsEnabler=No. For the other cards GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Remove the other cards and try only with the GTX680 and bootflag GraphicsEnabler=No.

no success. What is strange is that i even tried to install Lion (which i have running on another partition) and the boot process fails at the same point as Mountain Lion... This is strange because i succesfully installed lion back some years ago and had it running since then...

i abandoned the Mountain Lion process and will continue with a Mavericks attempt. First boot looks much more promising, OOB both video cards detected ... on reboot still the hang ups but like i said. looks more promising.

try with myhack, it is easier.

try to boot with

-v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes    

if it is not thing work then

-v -f GraphicsEnabler=No

if not work then add PciRoot=1 to both those flag.

if it is still got promblem, post the screen shot.

Did all of that, no success. I changed my efforts to mavericks now and it detected both gpu's immediately. The only annoying thing is that it changes from dvi to HDMI out once the GUI is displayed. Haven't resolved that yet.