Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NO AUDIO AFTER 10.8.2 to 10.8.5 upgrade

12 posts in this topic

ho avuto la necessità di eseguire l'upgrade alla versione 10.8.5 partendo dalla 10.8.2 

(purtroppo era richiesta dal Titanium studio)

dopo l'aggiornamento non ho più l'audio (non ci sono dispositivi attivi)

la mia scheda audio è una intel HD integrata su mainboard asus

qualcuno può aiutarmi per cortesia?

Scheda video, usb e rete sono funzionanti

Ho risolto installando il Kext x ALC887HD, 

almeno ora sento l'audio attraverso le cuffie.

Siccome ho una scheda NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 collegata con cavo HDMI,

da windows posso selezionare l'uscita HDMI come risorsa audio principale.

Esiste qualcosa di simile per MAC in modo da poter sentire l'audio direttamente sul monitor?

Grazie ancora per le eventuali risposte di aiuuto

my Mb is an ASUS P8H61-M LX  but i have also a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610  because this mainboard have a INTEL HD2000 that not is IATKOS compatible.

I want to use HDMI audio from NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 HDMI connector cable.

I don't know how to export my DST +IOREG , can you help me please?

Hi i have extract DSDT file with chamaleon

but i don't know how to extract IOREG

OK it Work on HDMI but the standard internal spqaker now is missig.

can I have the two possibility ? 

can I select my preferref audio exit system preference?

This is that i want.

Is fantastic.

You have solved my problem. 

I am envious and would like to know how to modify the kext to enable any device.
I will try to search this on google. 
for now, i say you If you walk in my part I can offer you a dinner 
Thanks again

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gygabyte666
      LAST UPDATED: [11/22/2017]
      Recent Changes:
      -added artur_pt to Thanks list for being the first person to try to help me 4 years ago.
      -FINALLY removed the [WIP] in title. I think it's safe now, haha
      -HUGE post cleanup! should be (hopefully) easier to navigate
      -added new section for 10.13 High Sierra
      -added link to Andrw0380's 10.13 files
      -removed old link to Andrw0380's 10.12.1 / 10.12.2 beta files
      -updated link to Andrw0380's updated 10.12.4 files
      -updated thread title, now shows 10.8.5-10.13.x
      -removed images as they weren't loading anymore anyway
      Previous Changes:
      -added link to Andrw0380's 10.12.1 / 10.12.2 beta files
      -updated 10.12 about image, not a clone of 10.11 about image anymore
      -updated thread title, now shows 10.8.5-10.12.x
      -slight post cleanup
      DISCLAIMER: I can be in no way held responsible for any damage to your computer as a result of the information or files provided on this page. I can't be held responsible for the faults and errors of those who follow (or choose not to follow) my advise or instructions. You are on your own if you proceed. This was created with the assumption that anyone following it would be using the SAME machine model and hardware setup as mine, a HP ENVY 17t-j000 Quad. Using any other model or hardware configuration may work but is completely unsupported! This was never intended to be used as an installation guide and shouldn't be referenced as one. It is merely a place to list my testing results. Consider this your one and ONLY warning. Continue at your OWN RISK...
      NOTICE: I will always be very proud of the work that was put into the making of these files not just by me but through the amazingly generous and wonderful people in this community. During my absence, that same community even took over and provided others with the assistance to keep up-to-date with the newer flavors of OS X. All of that hard work, time and effort will remain here on the first page for as long as possible for both reference and historical purposes. For reference, I supported and maintained packages for 10.8.x Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks and 10.10.x Yosemite (briefly).
      Andrw0380 has generously been providing more updated support packages for this thread for quite some time now. If you are to use any of the files listed below, I would recommend his as they are typically more recent and better tested. Be sure to check over his posts for further details and usage instructions and don't forget to say THANKS for his time and effort.
      The good news is it has recently been brought to my attention that RehabMan has been hard at work and has created a much better, more reliable method for both current and possibly future OS X installs. His new method, named the "hotpatch" method is far superior to our old ones and should rightfully take its place. I leave you with a direct link to his detailed and extensive guide to assist both current and future users with their adventures in OS X. Should you find success using his method, please remember to say THANKS for his work and to possibly add to his growing repository to hopefully assist future users in their own success stories.

RehabMan "hotpatch" guide
      10.13.x (macOS High Sierra) ENVY Files:
      Files generously provided by Andrw0380 HERE
      Be sure to say THANKS for all the hard work!
      10.12.x (macOS Sierra) ENVY Files:

10.11.x (El Capitan) ENVY Files:

10.10.x (Yosemite) ENVY Files:

[LAST UPDATED: [10/26/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror

10.9.5 (Mavericks) ENVY Files:
      [LAST UPDATED: [04/07/2015]
      Dropbox Update
      [LAST UPDATED: [10/26/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror

10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) ENVY Files:
      [LAST UPDATED: [04/07/2015]
      Dropbox Update

[LAST UPDATED: [08/28/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror
      [in no particular order]
      - CharlieSheen
      - bcc9
      - RehabMan
      - mnfesq
      - toleda
      - Mieze
      - Micky1979
      - artur_pt
      - TimeWalker75a
      - Slice
      - Andrw0380
      - jerrywilborn
      - Cobra03
      - hotKoffy
      - mnorthern
      - PikeRAlpha
      - nrjmadan
      REMINDER: An unbelievable amount of hard work, dedication and enormous amounts of time have gone into the making, testing and maintaining of the content for this post, this thread and the entire forum as a whole. Please do try to remember that SOMEONE has to make all this happen. Be sure to THANK those who deserve it. A little appreciation goes a long way.
      CONCLUSION: Lastly, I am rarely active anymore and would just like to say thank you to all those who stepped up and not only took my place during my absence but also improved upon what I started so many years ago now. I truly can't believe how long this thread has survived and it is awe-inspiring to see how much further it has moved along since I last visited it. You are all just amazing and wonderful people for doing what you do. You all know who you are. Keep doing what you do and thank you again for everything that you've already done and for everything that you will hopefully continue to do in the future.

• By fknchino
      Hey all, I've got a fairly 'new' PC and I've successfully installed Yosemite so far with no big issue.
      However, I need to install Mountain Lion 10.8.5 for certain software compatibility.
      I'm currently stuck on the dreaded IO Bluetooth error / Graphics issue which pops up no matter what bootflag I enter (Clover bootloader).
      I'd like to clear things up for myself and others trying to install a slightly older version of OSX on a newer machine.
      Is there any possibility for a solution or am I just going in circles!?
      I have no experience editing DSDT files and I've yet to manually install any graphics kext.
      Would love to hear from anyone that has been through a similar experience.
      Cheers thanks
      Intel 4970k Devils Canyon (Haswell Refresh) Intel 4600 HD onboard graphics Asus H97m-e 1150 Mobo Asus Strix 970 Gpu G.Skill 16gb Ram Samsung 120gb 840 Evo
    • By fknchino

Stuck at 0 seconds remaining.
      Taking an awful long time to restart (30 minutes and counting) and mouse seems to be frozen.
      After a hard boot I would have to start the installer again.
      Currently trying to install on my Evo 120gb ssd
      Will post up installer log if it doesn't work this time around.
      Any suggestions?

Mobo: ASUS H97M-E LGA1150 mATX Motherboard
      CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon 4.0GHz Socket 1150
      Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix 4G DCU II OC Graphic Card
      SSD: Sasmsung 840 Evo 120gb
      RAM: 16gb G. Skill
      flags: -v dart=0 nv_disabled=1 npci=0x2000 Graphics_Enabled=No IGP_Enabler=Yes
    • By fknchino
      Hey guys!
      I'm starting a new installation of Mountain Lion 10.8.5 for my desktop PC
      Intel 4790k Haswell Refresh
      Intel HD 4600
      Asus H97M-e mobo
      Asus Strix 970 4gb
      16gb G.Skill Ram
      Samsung M.2 850 Evo SSD
      Planning on using the Intel HD 4600 graphics as the 970 gpu is a little newer and incompatible.
      AFAIK Haswell Refresh is not supported but I've seen another user with a successful build running 10.8.5
      Is there any users with a similar or newer setup running an old version OSX?
      Also, not quite sure with M.2 compatibility but I've ordered one since all my sata slots are filled.
      Any tips or pointers will be greatly appreciated.
    • By krs360
      Hi everyone,
      Looking for some help with getting my audio working on 10.10.
      I'm using an MSI gaming 7 x99s board which has the ALC1150 Realtek.
      Upon boot into Yosemite, there's no devices and therefore no sound. Could someone point me in the right direction as to how to tackle this problem? I would think its fairly common - everything else works like a treat but having no sound sucks a bit!
      If you need me to post cfgs from anything, let me know.
      Thanks in advance.