Intel HD4600 only 5mb

chiefgamer

33 posts in this topic

Thank you so much for offering your kind help, will try right now.

Is it right if there wasn't originally an aml file?

Wow, ok now it says hd 5000 1024 mb so thank you very much for that, but is it possible to have transparent menu bar and OpenGL?

It's slightly less glitchy but still stuttering when on widgets and dashboard or safari

The absence of an "aml file" basically means OS X loads the default one from your BIOS. All we do here is extract the default one (using maciasl), patch it to inject custom OSX-specific code to enable hardware. Don't worry about it :)

You should actually have a semi-transparent menu bar and openGL by now! Try playing a youtube video or something to test hardware acceleration. 

• Like 1

Open GL does not work unfortunately as I tested Minecraft and the taskbar is not semi transparent :(

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>Graphics</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1600x900x32"</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

That is my boot.plist, I looked around and changed it to that before so maybe something is wrong in here

Hmm, strange!! Perhaps it has to do with the nvidia card interfering. You'll eventually have to patch the DSDT to disable it to reduce power consumption since it wont work with OS X anyway.

Download IORegistryExplorer, and upload a dump from it. That way I'll be able to see if something is failing to load!

• Like 1

Open GL does not work unfortunately as I tested Minecraft and the taskbar is not semi transparent :(

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>Graphics</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1600x900x32"</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

That is my boot.plist, I looked around and changed it to that before so maybe something is wrong in here

Delete the things highlighted in red and try again while I have a look at your ioreg.

Hmm, strange because everything seems to be loaded except the IntelAccelerator!!

And nvidia kexts are loaded which should NOT be the case as dual GPUs is not compatible with Hackintoshes. 

I think the problem in your case is a conflict between the nVidia card the Intel IGPU. Disabling the nVidia card is possible via DSDT edits but is quiet difficult.

I have also noticed that you're using a MacBookPro8,2 SMBIOS which is Sandy Bridge. Although it shouldn't be too much of a problem, you should use MBP11 or MacBookAir6 which are Haswell.

So for now, I'd suggest you try the following:

1- Change SMBIOS definition to a haswell system

2- Delete all nVidia and geforce kexts from /System/Library/Extensions (make a backup first)

• Like 1

This is kinda disappointing!!

Download Chameleon Wizard from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/257464-chameleon-wizard-utility-for-chameleon/

Use it to update Chameleon to the latest available build.

Delete the DSDT I gave you and replace the SMBOIS.plist and Boot.plist with the ones attached to this post.

chiefgamer.zip

I've run out of ideas! A quick google search reveals that some other HD4600 users are having troubles too since updating to 10.9.2  :(

Put the DSDT back in place and boot using -f -v (type this in the Chameleon boot prompt).

This will force reload all kexts and boot in verbose (debug) mode. While booting, check for any errors.

Alienware 17

I7 4700mq

Gtx 765m

Hd4600

8gb ram

Booting from usb

You need to remove nvidia kexts (NVDA, Geforce*). The inject correct ig-platform-id (and guard against VT-d issues)... using Chameleon would be:

IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N -v

Rebuild cache so you can remove -f and UseKernelCache=N