System uptime in nanoseconds=0... help!

Kyle6933

6 posts in this topic

I am installing on an AMD laptop which has 4gb of RAM and an AMD Turion X2 processor.

While trying to use bootflags such as "amd, -x, -f, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IGPEnabler=Yes, and cpus=1", no matter what combo, they all come up with the same kernel panic:

90857d1398478940t-kernel-panic-upon-tryi

I'm at a loss, and since Im (sort of) new to this... I need help!

Cheers.

Hello

Welcome...

AMD is different, you need put a modified kernel(legacy_kernel)to make your CPU work...

What method are you using? Distro or retail? Anyway... give a read in here to see AMD builds that work: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/

If you don't find you CPU model, that doesn't mean you can not install OSX, just search the internet a modified kernel and try use it...

• Like 1

Thanks, I'm using Niresh to install, which I've heard has kernels for AMD preinstalled (hence why I put AMD as the first boot flag). Ill give the article a read to see what I can find.

I hate to bump the thread but any other recommendations? I've tried most of the kernels in that list along with any combo of boot flag...

Hello

Don't worries man...

You need you know this: You're using distro and distro is waste of time... distro is pre-configured to run in AMD/Intel CPU, but this is waste of time...

Try retail method, you'll note a real difference... I gave to you a solution to install OSX(retail)

After download this image, donwload a modified kernel and overwhiter original kernel that already is in image....