AMD Phenom X4 9650, Asrock N68-S 10.9

Chinez

4 posts in this topic

Hello there Its been 3 years since I last installed a copy of OSX on my windows machine .
After years of countless attempts I have decided to TRY and install OSX Mavericks , of course with no hope!

I am currently trying to install with Nireshs's 10.9 distro , but fail to even reach the installer!

Here are my specs quick(Hopefully your understand) :):

CPU: AMD Phenom  X4 9650, 2300MHz (11.5 x 200 )

MB: ASrock N68-S

Chipset: Nvidia NFORCE 7025-630a ,+  ?AMD K10?

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT240 (1024)MB

Here is what I have gathered over the last couple days of trying to get the mavericks installation :

Kernel I have changed on osx install usb to : AMD10.9.*13.0.0-R50 ,
Have also changed the Mach_kernel.
And have also placed my DSDT Files into ROOT of USB installer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BootFlags: amd     ,   -v     , npci=xxxxxx (x meaning 0x2000 or 0x3000)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: NON-AHCI Board (Apparentley,I just think theres no option)  However RAID can be setup with again 2 SATA Drives .

Now my Problem:

nForce 630a / 7025 , Dreaded "Still waiting for root device"

Can someone Please help me solve this problem ,

Further up the white writing in Verbose , there is also a problem with USBEHCHI - something like that , will confirm next reboot.

I Have ofcourse tried USBBUSFIX=YES , etc but same result

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Help

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello there Its been 3 years since I last installed a copy of OSX on my windows machine .

After years of countless attempts I have decided to TRY and install OSX Mavericks , of course with no hope!

I am currently trying to install with Nireshs's 10.9 distro , but fail to even reach the installer!

Here are my specs quick(Hopefully your understand) :):

CPU: AMD Phenom  X4 9650, 2300MHz (11.5 x 200 )

MB: ASrock N68-S

Chipset: Nvidia NFORCE 7025-630a ,+  ?AMD K10?

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT240 (1024)MB

Here is what I have gathered over the last couple days of trying to get the mavericks installation :

Kernel I have changed on osx install usb to : AMD10.9.*13.0.0-R50 ,

Have also changed the Mach_kernel.

And have also placed my DSDT Files into ROOT of USB installer

BootFlags: amd     ,   -v     , npci=xxxxxx (x meaning 0x2000 or 0x3000)

Notes: NON-AHCI Board (Apparentley,I just think theres no option)  However RAID can be setup with again 2 SATA Drives .

Now my Problem:

nForce 630a / 7025 , Dreaded "Still waiting for root device"

Can someone Please help me solve this problem ,

Further up the white writing in Verbose , there is also a problem with USBEHCHI - something like that , will confirm next reboot.

I Have ofcourse tried USBBUSFIX=YES , etc but same result

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Help

the correct page for AMD

1. be it or not to be, starts with the correct BIOS settings for OS X.

2. set the BIOS to default, save and then reboot the system. then set your BIOS correctly for Mac OS X.

3. then create the OS X installer, either via Disk Utility or use various tools, see download.

4. use the AMD Installer.pkg ver.2, by Shanee, see download ....therein are various Chipset drivers for various AMD Boards

5. or use the AMD.dmg for various AMD Boards....therein , you'll find a DSDT and SSDT.aml for your Board with/without nvidia modified DSDT/SSDT.aml. (more info, see rampagedev page

6. the matching kernels that should be running with your CPU, you can find here or under other download

good luck!