Aspire 5740g - Sleep working but not automatically

zentili

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have installed mountain lion 10.8.5 on this notebook with ATI 5470 and got it working good, sleep is working and the display wakes up properly after patching the framebuffer as explained here  but there is still the last issue remaining.. the system doesn't go to sleep automatically. If i put it to sleep, it does; if i close the monitor lid half way the monitor stops and closing it completely will lead the computer to sleep and it wakes up good so the problem isn't with the sleep itself that seems to be working very fine. Even if i've set the energy settings to sleep at a certain time, when the screen should go to sleep, it doesn't.. the only thing that happens is that the mouse pointer disappears and it come back to function when i click on it. So The computer doesn't autosleep. I think this is a problem related to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext i have installed to get the battery working, i use it with VoodooBattery.kext to get battery working but it seems to break the auto-sleep thing. Any idea on this would be appreciated..

• 2 weeks later...