ATI XFX Radeon 5670 Kext For Mavericks 10.9

Eltu

16 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have also XFX Radeon HD 5670 (1Gb GDDR5 RAM) and I could not find any way to make it working on my P7P55D-E MB and my 10.9.2 Vanilla installation. Tried both with default kexts and with others found in many discussions, and I experience exactly the same screen corruption flagged in post #5 above.

The only way to boot is using the 'safe' switch -x and, in conjunction GraphicsEnabler=No.

Of course, I made sure that the original kexts include the device id for this card (0x68d8 - manufactured 1002), and that the other kexts that I tried (found in many discussions about HD5450) did include such Ids as well and had a compatible build version, but till now no way to get it working.

I also tried injecting the card through DSDT, but even those attempts were not successful (by the way, I am not sure I properly patched my system DSDT with the adequate code, as I found two heavily different set of instructions that were recommended for the patch - although none of them worked).

Last, my original DSDT extracted from my system before the patch, DOES NOT include any GFX0 device in my PCI0 slot (which is the one where the card is seated). I tend to believe that the source of my problems is there, but I really don't know what to do since I have no special settings for the slot or the graphics features  to play with in my bios (and, by the way, the card works great both in windows and Linux, so I assume that the bios setting are indeed ok)

Is there anyone (among those who has successfully managed to get the card working not oob but only after the needed tweaking), willing to share the whole set of graphics kexts and chameleon options and/or the text code to patch the system DSDT (including instructions on where to add the patch within the original DSDT)?

Thanks very much.

• 4 weeks later...