Mobility HD5470 and Mavericks 10.9.2

zentili

7 posts in this topic

Hi all!

First of all let's say I'm doing all the work on Acer Aspire 5740g with i3 processor and this graphic card, the HD5470 Mobility, 512 MB Version. I got everything up and running very well, but there is still something wrong with the video card thing..

I'm trying to get this working since a while, I've read a lot of topic and posts everywhere and I am almost there, at this moment I am writing just from my laptop with its mobility HD5470 with full QE/CI Support and native resolution but.....

I got it working only by using Aticonfig=Eulemur and plugging in an external VGA Display before booting.. Doing this way, when it reaches the desktop the internal display of the laptop works good, with right resolution and QE/CI active while the external display i plugged doesn't show anything at all (not black screen, it just behaves as it's not plugged) but if I try to boot without the VGA display plugged, it gives me black screen on the laptop display. In other words, I can get the video working properly only by plugging an external display before booting, you will agree this is not a comfortable situation. We can assume it's not a driver issue, because I have the resolution and acceleration working good but only with this external VGA display trick. I have tried 12 different personalities and the only one that would make the internal laptop display work is Eulemur. For example, with Shrike only the external VGA works. With Hoolock nothing works at all, just black screen, etc. I have injected the EDID. have tried using Clover too but no luck with that. I am running on chimera bootloader using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Eulemur in the boot.plist. Setting PCIRootUID to 1 won't give neither native resolution nor QE/CI. I am very close to get it working properly, i think it's just a display recognizing issue but it seems I can't find a way to fix this. I need your help on this, it would be very appreciated, it takes very little to get the job done! 

Many thanks to anyone who would consider giving an help :)

Hi artur..

I took the EDID from windows and it gave me a different value, the correct one i assume. I've put it in /s/l/display/overrides/DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e/DisplayProductID-717 but this did not work, tried to boot with eulemur and hoolock but nothing changed, i still got black screen without plugging external display.

I've noticed a RadeonX.kext in your pack that is missing on my system.. i'm going to try installing that, i'll let you know.. 

hello

try to use my forced edid file

and use only ur system kext the ones in s/l/e

lately i use only clover boot loader with 

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
</dict>

<key>LoadVBios</key>
<true/>

<key>InjectEDID</key>
<true/>

<key>FBName</key>
<string>Langur</string>

good hack

Hi, i tried that before already, didn't work.. tried clover and that parameters too.. no matter, mavericks is too incompatible with my system, i've switched to mountain lion and now i've got the video (and everything else) fully working, just some fine tuning required (graphics artifacts when waking up from sleep, i'm going to open another topic for that), Anyway.. thank you so much for your help and interest! :)

one other reason for which i gave up on mavericks is that when the system was booting and the graphic device was activated a strange noise came from the laptop, just from the video card zone. i got scared of some heat excess.

• 6 months later...