Asus P7P55D-E DSDT help

Ic3 MasteR

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've successfully installed Mavericks 10.9.2 with Pandora but I still have two problems to solve:

1 Audio crackles using voodoohda with appleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext (It's strange but with nullcpupowermanagement.kext it's perfect)

2 With appleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext (also patching it) Pc can't go in sleep mode or use speedstep 

So I decide to try to use DSDT for the very first time

I've read a couple of guide but using dsdt editor and fixing errors and some warnings I obtain a dsdt that give me always a Kernel Panic linked to ACPI (ioplatformexpert...)

My system:

i5 760

Asus p7p55d-e

16 gb Kingston

ssd Samsung evo 840 250Gb

Ati 6870

Here's a copy of my original extracted DSDT.alm

Please help! :)))

Thanks a lot!

Rick

dsdt.dsl.zip

There is an all in one patch you can apply in DSDT Editor for the Asus p7p55d-e @olarila (google "olarila dsdt patches by motherboard" & register at their site).

If you use MaciASL, you can apply patches for your motherboard from the ASUS repo (see MaciASL Repo Index).

Your native DSDT patched with the Asus p7p55d-e patch from Olarila attached....

For your audio issues, changing your MIDI settings may help - see VoodooHDA-common problems.

Ic3MasteRdsdtedited.zip

Hi Fusion71au :)

Thanks a lot for the info!

I'll try to download from olarila my DSDT

Sorry but when I've tried to attach the file the site responded that I wasn't allowed to upload that kind of file 0_° 

Now it's ok. Check my first post :)

Here it is!

Ps: if you can take a look to it i apreciate!

Thanks a lot my friend!!!! :))))

With your dsdt my audio problems are solved (now I use applehdadisabler + voodoohda 2.7.4)

No more crackling issues! :)

For the sleep problem, well, I have now one more little issue to solve.

The system finally go in sleep mode. But when I try to wake up the pc, everything turn on except the video.

I can hear the vga fan in full throttle mode and the monitor stays in stand-by mode. So I've to force shut down to exit from sleep mode.

I've tried with darkwake=0 in chameleon with no results.

It's a desktop and so the sleep mode is not a priority, but I'd like to solve also this issue.

What can I try? 

Regards,

Riki

Sleep problems are notoriously difficult to diagnose and fix eg see this thread.  Some systems also take a while to get to sleep and to wake so first be patient and allow a few minutes.  A few other things you can try...

• Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E if you haven't already
  • Set hibernate mode to 0 if it isn't already ie in terminal type
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Edit

The terminal command "pmset -g assertions" and OSX console may tell you something (common for USB or graphics card to cause sleep problems).

You might also try turning your monitor on and off after wake from sleep, connecting your monitor to a different port on your graphics card and/or editing AMD Framebuffer personalities.

Hi Fusion71au!

I'm going crazy trying to set properly the sleep mode :)

I've already removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext after installing your dsdt. My appleIntelcpupowermanagement.kext is installed directly patched from Pandora install... also AppleRTC.kext.

With darkwake settings (0, no, 8, 10) no joy :)

Also changing AppleACPIPlatform.kext I can't wake up my system.

Thanks again for your kindness and useful support!!!

If you have other tips...

​In the meanwhile I'm googling trying to solve this problem...

Please Hackintosh Gurus & Gods: HELP MEEEEE :)))  

Have a nice day!

Ciao,

Riki