Installing Mac OSX Mountain Lion on Windows AMD PC.....

sdruid

4 posts in this topic

Hi, a newbie here...

I'm mostly a PC person but dabble with MACs somewhat with average knowledge...

I have an AMD based PC with AM3+ processor / Gigabyte motherboard running Windows 7 Pro 64bit, and I've installed Oracle VirtualBox with one intention being to install and use Mac OSX Mountain Lion or maybe Lion...

I've found tutorials online but they only work for Windows PC's with an intel processor so I began searching for the possiblity of still being able to run on AMD based machine and found this site.

I found several patches for AMD and am familiar with the various 3rd party bootloaders like darwin, iatkos, etc.

In addition to my Win 7 PC, I also have another AMD PC running Win XP, a Mac G5 tower, a Mac Pro tower, a Mac Book Pro laptop, and a intel Mac Mini...

and several miscellaneous PC laptops....

I have upgraded and installed Mac OSX  Mountain Lion on my Mac Pro Tower using Darwin....as well as dual booting both Win XP and Win 7 on it as well...

so my questions are ->

Can I use the AMD patch to install Mac OS X in Oracle Virtualbox which is my primary intention at the moment ?

How do I use this AMD patch that I have found ?

any help would be appreciated....

thanks...

Yes.. you can installed osx Lion, mountain lion even Mavericks into virtualbox and into your AMD Machine too.

you did'nt need any patch, just change the osx native kernel with amd kernel you can find here in download section and some extra kexts.

I hear you but what is the procedure to go about swapping the kernel and then installing Mac OS X ....

So far all I hear is that it is possible but nobody has supplied the steps necessary to produce this magic...

All I'm asking for are the steps to perform this...

Thanks