Help, i can' boot from cd on G4 cube!

3 posts in this topic

I've wanted to give to my cube a new life by installing ubuntu dapper on it, but i can't boot from any cd using the original apple cinema display because it isn't turned on during the boot process (in other words i can't see the gray screen with the apple when the computer starts). The adc Monitor turns on only after the system has been loaded completely and the desktop appers, while a simple vga monitor works correctly. This prevents me from installing linux oses on my cube. Suggestions?

I've wanted to give to my cube a new life by installing ubuntu dapper on it, but i can't boot from any cd using the original apple cinema display because it isn't turned on during the boot process (in other words i can't see the gray screen with the apple when the computer starts). The adc Monitor turns on only after the system has been loaded completely and the desktop appers, while a simple vga monitor works correctly. This prevents me from installing linux oses on my cube. Suggestions?

I think you may need to change the output device in open firmware, i may be wrong and i have no idea how to do it manualy, if i can find out ill let you know.