Unable to find driver for this platform \“ACPI\”

tomatoe

8 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

my hackintosh refuses to boot anymore and I'd like to repair it without having to reinstall everything if possible.

What I did :

- it was working fine with 10.9.1

- install 10.9.2, booting fine except display was not good (ati 5750 inside), had to use graphicenabler=yes and FB=Vervet to get everything fine

- update clover to the latest version => everyhing stills ok

Then I saw that my CPU (i5 3570k) which was supposed to be overclocked to 4.4ghz wasn't (3.4ghz) so I tweak the bios and now the CPU is still not overclocked (don't understand why)  and OS refuses to boot twith the error :

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.48.12/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1451"

What I tried :

- reseting bios to default => still same error

- tweak bios => still same error

- boot with -v -x -f => still same error

- boot with acpi=off => still same error

can someone help me on this ?

• 1 month later...

I have this exact same problem. Running a 3930k with an ASUS P9X79 Pro board. I was up and running with limited drivers, and when I tried to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], I'm now booting to this panic. Tried all of those -v -f all that stuff just like the OP and nothing works. Can't even reinstall from the USB drive. Anyone solved this?

I did find the problem ( and the solution :) ) : it's the latest versions of Clover with 10.9.2 which are generating those bug. To be able to boot up I had to install the latest Chimera (2.2.1) on an usb stick, boot on it and select my hard drive. No need to reinstall the system.

Now I need to replace Clover with Chimera as boot loader, but when I install Chimera on my hard drive it does not remove Clover, the PC still boot on Clover, so for now I've to boot through usb.

I'm not sure what steps to take with any of that. Also, my motherboard is not a Haswell motherboard, it's X79 so it is Sandy Bridge. Still a bit confused.

Is there any way to just get rid of the current install that keeps kernel panicking and just start over from scratch? Every time I boot the computer it just keeps going to that boot loader with the little apple with eyes. Can I delete all of this completely so I can start anew?

CPU 3570K .... excuse me, please, my mistake, I was assuming that it is a hashwell CPU. ⇒ Use normal mach_kernel!