what is the common error cause by bios?

ericsia-ES

23 posts in this topic

Have anyone met an error cause by bios during installation of hackintosh? I never saw that before, can you send image of that error or attach the link below here so i can see that error..

incompatible bios will cause error so we use pmapatch to solve that but i have a question Bios will cause what kind of error during installation of hackintosh

You need more pictures of what?

AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement is a driver that ships with OS X, it's already on your system. If you take a closer look at your kernel panic you can see this for yourself.

If you're looking to download one that has already been patched it should be from the same version of OS X that you are trying to install, or have installed.

• Like 1

I'd like to help you, but we have a communication issue. I don't agree with the way you are trying to solve your problem.

Boot in verbose mode, take a photo of your kernel panic and attach it here.

It's easier to have someone look at it and tell you what it is, than trying to build a collection of photos of kernel panics. Unless of course, if that turns you on somehow. :D

There is no way to word a google search that will get you the information you're looking for, in a picture. If you google "kernel panic caused by BIOS" the resulting images will not tell you anything because in the end, you don't know what you're looking for or what you're looking at. And for that reason, a 100.000 pictures of Kernel Panics would not help you.

Please don't use external hosting services when attaching files. Use the full editor to attach files here. This way the image stays with the topic forever, future users can see it, and perhaps even learn from it.

NullCPUPM.kext is not version dependent, however simply copying it to /System/Library/Extensions will not work, you'll need to set correct permissions and ownership on it, otherwise it will not load.

I can help you but I don't have enough information about where you are in the installation process or which tools you have available. The only thing I know for sure is that you have no idea what you're doing :D

hi, sorry for the late reply.. I am very busy at achool.. Here is my picture or here

post-1295795-0-27200500-1393324025_thumb.jpg

NullCPUPM.kext is not version dependent, however simply copying it to /System/Library/Extensions will not work, you'll need to set correct permissions and ownership on it, otherwise it will not load.

Good point, What you meean by special permision? -f for flags or you have other method?

Hello

Yes… but, i don’t advice use NullCPUPM… it gave to you only 2 states and nothing beyond….

First of all: What’s your hardware? Put this in signature.

what are tthe 2 states?

Intel Pentium Dual Core T4500

GMA 4500 MHD

so i can use the old 10.6 working NULLCPUPM... at 10.9?

Hello

what are tthe 2 states?

Power States to me was x16 and x34(1600Mhz-3400Mhz)
Only 2… if you do something that require most of CPU, it jump of x16 to x34… forcing the CPU to work always in maximal frequence…

With correct PM i get 8 states…

Your CPU has PM supported by Chameleon, so you need just set P e C States and done! Use Chameleon Wizard for it…

so i can use the old 10.6 working NULLCPUPM... at 10.9?

Maybe yes...but i don't believe if your CPU will run 10.9

Hello

Your CPU has PM supported by Chameleon, so you need just set P e C States and done! Use Chameleon Wizard for it…

can you help me? I never change this before, how to change it?

Hello

hello

:( why?

Hello

Did you install OSX? Install bootloader(chameleon)? Chameleon Wizard is a app to configure Chameleon…

inside the app has this option(P-States)(C-States)
See this guide to know a little more: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295630-instala%C3%A7%C3%A3o-e-configura%C3%A7%C3%A3o-do-chameleon-bootloader/

10.9 comes with a new things… XCPM is the most new thing... and MV is new, your CPU is old(i think it is of 2008/2009)If you have a IC2Q i believe you have opportunity to install OSX, but with your CPU i don't warrantly nothing

Hello

Did you install OSX? Install bootloader(chameleon)? Chameleon Wizard is a app to configure Chameleon…

inside the app has this option(P-States)(C-States)

See this guide to know a little more: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295630-instala%C3%A7%C3%A3o-e-configura%C3%A7%C3%A3o-do-chameleon-bootloader/

10.9 comes with a new things… XCPM is the most new thing... and MV is new, your CPU is old(i think it is of 2008/2009)If you have a IC2Q i believe you have opportunity to install OSX, but with your CPU i don't warrantly nothing

Thanks a lot, i will try it