How would i install with usb?

Callum2201

6 posts in this topic

It's easier if you have access to a real Mac or OS X running in a virtual machine. The VM doesn't have to be 100%, just basic functionality is fine.

You can also prepare a USB installer from Windows, there's a guide in the Genius Bar.

I don't know how you could miss this...these are the basic, universal steps that are outlined in 99% of the guides you'll see on how to build a Mavericks installer:

Use Disk Utility to "restore" a disk image that's part of the Mavericks installer onto the USB drive. Copy some stuff over from another disk image in the Mavericks installer. Copy the kernel to the root of the USB stick, install Chameleon to the USB stick, add configuration files, kernel extensions and whatever else you need in order to boot and install, and that's it. The same procedure be done with a hard drive partition.

This is from memory, for the specifics, find a guide.

Thanks for that, i know a bit about it as i made a 10.8.5 usb installer, but apparently my laptop can only support going up to os 10.6.8 i am not too sure if this is true but anyway when it came to make a usb installer for snow leopard i just havent been able to find anything