Help please! Processor speed when boot plugin Ac ok, but when boot runing with battery seems to be lower processor

Sergio_pilot

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

this is my first post, and after a few days searching in the forums, i didn´t find nothing.

i started to install mac os x 86 just two weeks ago in my two laptops.after a few failed instalations finally i got the mac os running in both of them. now i am fixing all the small things to get fully working hardware but i advice that depends on the way i start up the processor speed is diferent.

when i startup pluged in to the AC, the processor and the mac os works perfectly, better than windows.

the problem occurs when i start up running on battery, the procesor speed seems to be like a 500mhz instead of the 1,2Ghz i have, i advice this because the mac os load slower and when i run any app show really slow.

i have a centrino procesor and i kow that in windows the processor speed changes in diferent ways, i dont know if is there a way to modify this because it is killing me.

is really strange because is only in the start up, i mean, if i start up pluged in and then when mac os is load i remove the AC, the processor works perfect, but if i star up directly running on battery the processor is reduced to the half.

so if somebody could help me i was really happy, maybe this is happening to somebody.

bests for all.

this is my system config.

Laptop SONY VAIO TX2XP

Mac OS X 86 10.4.7 JAS

dual Boot

Graphic Card: Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS910GML working with VGA trick / no blue Screen

PCMCIA: Texas Instrument PCIxx21/x515 not working

Wifi: intel pro wireless 2200bg not working / just want to replace it for another mini pci

Bluetooth: Working perfect

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe a little too late. I think this is a known issue. It has to do with speed stepping. Some laptop allows you to disable it and run it at full speed (check your bios). If you disable speed step the downside is that it will never throttle down so your battery life will be cut in half.

With AC power, disable/enable speed step makes no difference. It will run at full speed all the time. My laptop fan is on 24/7.

Just battery power

If you enable speed step, The processor throttle to half the speed (or whatever the speed-step speed are for your processor. I only surf the internet on battery power (gets twice the battery life). I think the difference here between a macbook and hackbook is the power management in EFI?

If you disable the speed step, on Battery, it will run at full speed.