Mac App Store access with NullEthernet.kext

RehabMan

136 posts in this topic

Thanks for answering so fast, Rehabman! Unfortunately I tried both methods separately with no results. It seems like SSDT method tried to work in any way because I get some error trying to get into SysPrefs->Network at first time, second time I can get into and see two Unknow locations, one empty and one with Bluetooth PAN interface added but NullEthernet still not showing itself to add :(

I installed kext with Kext Wizard, repaired permissions and rebuild cache.
I patched DSDT.aml first and reset network preferences, no results.
I replaced DSDT.aml with a backup and place ssdt-rmne in /ACPI/patched, reset network preferences, no results.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Here's my ioreg file for you to check.

Edited by bertolin

Thanks for answering so fast, Rehabman! Unfortunately I tried both methods separately with no results. It seems like SSDT method tried to work in any way because I get some error trying to get into SysPrefs->Network at first time, second time I can get into and see two Unknow locations, one empty and one with Bluetooth PAN interface added but NullEthernet still not showing itself to add :(

I replaced DSDT.aml with a backup and place ssdt-rmne in /ACPI/patched, reset network preferences, no results.

i dont seen nullethernet .. what .. 

nullethernet about ( install kext and patch ssdt ) .. if done > u have sign in appstore and more..

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for helping here! But it seems NullEthernet is not getting properly injected. I've tried both ways without results.

This is what I'm doing in case anybody notice my silly mistake:

I've deleted NullEthernet.kext from System/Library/Extensions, ssdt-rmne from EFI/CLOOVER/ACPI/patched and replace DSDT.aml with a backup before patching it. I suppose that's the way to unistall it and start all over again.

For DSDT method I've used MaciASL and the patch.txt from Rehabman to patche DSDT.aml in EFI/CLOOVER/ACPI/patched.

I've install the kext with Kext Wizard and repair and rebuild every time after that.

I've reset network preferences deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist every time and in other tries also deleting preferences.plist.

No results, some errors trying to add interfaces to sysprefs->network every time I deleted preferences.plist. Deleting only NetworkInterfaces.plist doesn't seems to do anything. No NullEthernet appearing :(

DSDT patch is done (or SSDT) as I see RMNE in ioreg.

But NullEthernet is not attached to it, which indicates it is not installed, or not installed correctly.

Side note.. you have a mess with your SSDTs... From bootlog:

0:837  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
0:839  0:002  Inserting SSDT-6x.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
0:842  0:002  Inserting SSDT-7.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
0:842  0:000  Inserting SSDT-0.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
0:842  0:000  Inserting SSDT-1.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
0:842  0:000  Inserting SSDT-3x.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
0:842  0:000  Inserting SSDT-4x.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
0:842  0:000  Inserting SSDT-5x.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
0:842  0:000  Inserting SSDT-rmne.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
Problems:

- SSDTs out of order (use config.plist/ACPI/SorteOrder)

- dynamic SSDTs (with 'x') should not be with the static SSDTs (in ACPI/patched)

• Like 1

Thanks again, sir! I'm very new in this so I had to read few times your answer ^_^U

And any idea why it is not installing correctly? I use Kext Wizard for it and always repair and rebuild after that.

I'm following a guide here and it contains a zip with all those SSDTs to be placed in APCI/patched. I don't even know how to sort them or where I should places dynamics SSDT, that's my knowledge level in this, sorry

Thanks again, sir! I'm very new in this so I had to read few times your answer ^_^U

And any idea why it is not installing correctly? I use Kext Wizard for it and always repair and rebuild after that.

Show output of:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Also check output in system.log:

grep -y nullethernet /var/log/system.log

I'm following a guide here and it contains a zip with all those SSDTs to be placed in APCI/patched. I don't even know how to sort them or where I should places dynamics SSDT, that's my knowledge level in this, sorry

You should never use DSDT/SSDTs provided by someone else... always should patch your own.

And if you got SSDTs that included dynamic SSDTs, instructed to go to ACPI/patched, the person didn't know what they are doing...

• Like 1

Here's output from first command: 

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
NullEthernet.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakePCIID.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
BrcmPatchRAM.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

From the second one:

Oct  4 05:13:06 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 05:17:31 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 14:07:43 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 14:08:14 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 14:09:25 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 14:14:24 MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 12:30:05 MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load

So what I understood is I need to create a clean DSDT and/or replace/rearrange SSDT files. Surely this is basic stuff but don't know where to start. I'm reading that to set order I must edit config.plist but don't know which order or what exactly to add or change. I'm not even know how to create a clean DSDT.aml, I just used it from zip file of this thread. Need to learn a lot yet ^_^U

Thanks for your help!

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VoodooBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

From the second one:

Oct  4 05:13:06 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 05:17:31 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 14:07:43 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 14:08:14 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 14:09:25 localhost com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 14:14:24 MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load
Oct  4 12:30:05 MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.kextd[41]: ERROR: invalid signature for org.rehabman.driver.NullEthernet, will not load

So what I understood is I need to create a clean DSDT and/or replace/rearrange SSDT files. Surely this is basic stuff but don't know where to start. I'm reading that to set order I must edit config.plist but don't know which order or what exactly to add or change. I'm not even know how to create a clean DSDT.aml, I just used it from zip file of this thread. Need to learn a lot yet ^_^U

Thanks for your help!

=> kext nullethernet no load :) 

From the second one:

Thanks for your help!

10.10 need to use kext-dev-mode=1

10.11 need to disable SIP

Thanks, guys, but didn't understand. Should I add that line kext-dev-mode=1 to config.plist or another file? I'm using Yosemite so don't know where to find 10.11 stuff in my installation, RehabMan. Sorry for being a pain but I'm going to need more indications for this to be solved.

Thanks a lot for giving me a hand and being so patient with this noob :)

Thanks, guys, but didn't understand. Should I add that line kext-dev-mode=1 to config.plist or another file? I'm using Yosemite so don't know where to find 10.11 stuff in my installation, RehabMan. Sorry for being a pain but I'm going to need more indications for this to be solved.

Thanks a lot for giving me a hand and being so patient with this noob :)

booterconfig = 0x28

crsactiveconfig =0x67 

:D disable SIP success 

Ok, I've managed to solve the problem just adding  <key> Arguments</key><string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> after Boot in config.plist. Now iCloud and Mac App Store are working! I supposed I'm still having a mess with my SSDTs boot order as RehabMan said but didn't find any info here at insanely.

Just a silly doubt, every time I used Clover Configurator to change anything in my config.plist I can't get into OSX. Even if it's just to add that simple line (kext-dev-mode=1). I'm using Clover 2.3k_r3185 (because the guide said so, don't know if a newer version solved this) and Clover Configurator 4.24.0 So what I do is change config.plist and look for changes and add it manually. This sounds like I'm doing something wrong, Clover Configurator should work, am I right?

In any case, thanks a lot for your help, guys, I'm closer to a perfect machine now :) Time to check FaceTime and make it work!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am a newbie here so hope these questions don't sound too stupid and have tried looking at the instructions on github but am a little confused?

Firstly where exactly is nullethernet.kext? I can't seem to see this in the files.

Also how do I apply the DSDT patch?

Hi

I am a newbie here so hope these questions don't sound too stupid and have tried looking at the instructions on github but am a little confused?

Firstly where exactly is nullethernet.kext? I can't seem to see this in the files.

Also how do I apply the DSDT patch?

Read the README.

There are many guides covering the basics of DSDT patching, but in this case you can simply use the SSDT.

Read the README.

There are many guides covering the basics of DSDT patching, but in this case you can simply use the SSDT.

Thanks for the reply.

I did read the README. I guess I just don't understand it enough. I am pretty new to macs. Sorry for my ignorance.

I assumed there was some NullEthernet.kext file that needed to be installed using the kext wizard. Is that not the case?

Thanks for the reply.

I did read the README. I guess I just don't understand it enough. I am pretty new to macs. Sorry for my ignorance.

I assumed there was some NullEthernet.kext file that needed to be installed using the kext wizard. Is that not the case?

Your assumption is correct.

The kext is linked by the README.  Look for the word "Download" in the README.... or just read it carefully.

Your assumption is correct.

The kext is linked by the README.  Look for the word "Download" in the README.... or just read it carefully.

ahh got it now. Thanks.

I have a macbook air with broken wifi and am using a external wifi adapter.

Would this solution work and what would be the best way to implement it in this case?

ahh got it now. Thanks.

I have a macbook air with broken wifi and am using a external wifi adapter.

Would this solution work and what would be the best way to implement it in this case?

You can use it on a real Mac if the broken WiFi still shows on the PCIe bus. (use injector kext).

DSDT/SSDT methods require "hacking" the laptop (eg. using a hackintosh bootloader to inject patched ACPI).

• 1 month later...

Hey guys need help, the compiler is returning errors :| this is unrelated to the patch which ran with no problems during compiling..

i.e. can't save it..

Also, how do go back to exactly what it was like before this? I tried getting rid of the kexts (I installed the nullethernetinjector kext at first by mistake. And now my Network Utility shows 3 things

1) Internal Ethernet en0

2) Item 2

3) Item 3

Now I've installed and uninstalled the kexts many times, tried deleting and reinstalling the horndis kext many times too.. I don't have internet..

Either want this working or want things back to normal>_>;;

And yes, I've restarted the comp many many times now (I'm running El Capitan)

Hey guys need help, the compiler is returning errors :| this is unrelated to the patch which ran with no problems during compiling..

i.e. can't save it..

If you are a DSDT novice (and haven't read the numerous guides available), use the SSDT method.

Also, how do go back to exactly what it was like before this? I tried getting rid of the kexts (I installed the nullethernetinjector kext at first by mistake. And now my Network Utility shows 3 things

Delete the kexts, rebuild cache, and reset network interfaces (read README).

Either want this working or want things back to normal>_>;;

If you follow the instructions in the README (carefully), it will work.

• 2 months later...

Hi RehabMan, please help me, I did following your instruction in El Capitan 10.11.2,

I did install nullethernet.kext with kext wizard and rebuild permission,

then put patched DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in /CLOVER/ACPI/patched 

but still no luck, null ethernet still not exist in system report.
Am I missing something step?? here my .ioreg and clover if you have time to help me.

I'm ready to fill you donation link, thank's

CLOVER.zip

lggram.ioreg.zip

Hi RehabMan, please help me, I did following your instruction in El Capitan 10.11.2,

I did install nullethernet.kext with kext wizard and rebuild permission,

then put patched DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in /CLOVER/ACPI/patched 

but still no luck, null ethernet still not exist in system report.

Am I missing something step?? here my .ioreg and clover if you have time to help me.

I'm ready to fill you donation link, thank's

The ioreg is corrupt. Use IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

Problem solved, I did mistake place "RMNE" device twice in ssdt.aml and dsdt.aml,  I remove ssdt.aml and a bit fix dsdt.aml from member in Hackintosh Indonesia (FB Group), 
Thank you so much for your works and awesome kexts ,  so glad you be here and keep in touch. 

Problem solved, I did mistake place "RMNE" device twice in ssdt.aml and dsdt.aml,  I remove ssdt.aml and a bit fix dsdt.aml from member in Hackintosh Indonesia (FB Group), 

Thank you so much for your works and awesome kexts ,  so glad you be here and keep in touch. 

I am member of this forum too  :P

• 8 months later...

hi all

I really need some step by step help, as I'm a complete nube to this...

i have a wacom companion 2 that i have successfully managed to follow the guide on here to install Yosemite.
After much scratching of my head and research I've now got my usb wifi working ... however for the life of me i can't get my app store to accept my login...
Ive tried in earnest to follow everything on here, guides on youtube and google...

I have installed the .kext files using kext wizard and rebuild everything ... I have placed the ssdt-rmne.aml file in the efi/clover/acpi/patched ... however i don't know/understand what i do with the patch.txt file ... I've installed MaciASL tools ... but thats as far as i get ... all the youtube help I've found uses EFiStudio to bring up ethernet info, but mine has no ethernet info ...

the macs system report under ethernet just says ..This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed.