video static

6 posts in this topic

I have the customac build from october, using the gigabyte ud5h, and the i7 and geforce 760 with mac mini settings.
about 50% of the time i try to load any video via web browser (in firefox or safari) i get this video static.  The same problem happens when i use airplay to apple tv.  eventually it will work if i continue to refresh the page, or in the case of apple tv, disconnecting and reconnecting several times.  of note, the sound comes through perfectly, just the video playback is messed up.

Using a program like VLC to play a movie file never has any problems however.

I've tried injecting my graphics mode in org.chameleon.boot.plist without success. 

Any ideas?

Attached is a screen shot of the video static

I've posted my settings here:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
</dict>
</plist>

post-1253165-0-00943400-1390242056.jpg

I had this same issue. I have just about the same configuration also. It's the Mac mini profile. Try using iMac 13,1 or iMac 13,2

Do you have a i7 3770K?

The only problem with using iMac is that you don't get a proper amount of pstates for the cpu. I can fix that if you have the same processor as me.

Here's the topic I started earlier: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295408-ivybridge-xcpm-pstate-table-mismatch-error-was-ivybridge-ssdt-graphical-glitches/