Install Mavericks on Haswell CPU with Clover Bootloader

Chicura

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install OSX 10.9.1 via the Clover Bootloader and an original install medium. After booting to Clover and selecting the install disk I am instantly send back to the Clover selection menu without any further information. I assume that this is due to the missing or incorrect mach_kernel file. But I don't know where to put it or how to patch the kernel differently.

Does anybody have any experiences with that?

Thanks

Ian

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install OSX 10.9.1 via the Clover Bootloader and an original install medium. After booting to Clover and selecting the install disk I am instantly send back to the Clover selection menu without any further information. I assume that this is due to the missing or incorrect mach_kernel file. But I don't know where to put it or how to patch the kernel differently.

Does anybody have any experiences with that?

Thanks

Ian

What hardware?

can't find mach _kernel

1) it's because mach_kernel is not on the root of your USB stick

2) to install OS X Maverick on your Haswell config, you need to patch your "vanilla" mach_kernel. See RehabMan's patch here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

3) please, read the forum rules and posting guidelines

If you have a question please do your best to use the search feature and search the forum before creating a new topic.

good luck   ^_^