GA-Z87X-D3H Mavericks stuck while booting

binux

40 posts in this topic

Hello

Isn't only I that don't like his tool .. everyone in the forum don't support

If your computer can sleep/wake and uses AppleICPUPM, is a sign that the power management is active ...

I recommend you re-install the system and make post-installation manually, tools All-in-one does not help at all in my opinion, much unnecessary stuff is installed, leaving the facility messy ...

After some time it turns off. I used the tool before I thought InsanelyMac that's why. I will never come back there cause their guides and support are not user friendly.

Anyway if it turns off after some time so power management is working, right?

If you created the Mavericks-usb-installer using myHack 3.3.1 (like mentioned in initial post), you're booting via chameleon (version 2.2svn-2266). Have you later used anything with Beast in its name? If not you're still at chameleon.

To verify reboot and look at the first text line after POST. Bootloader (and version) is named there.

If you created the Mavericks-usb-installer using myHack 3.3.1 (like mentioned in initial post), you're booting via chameleon (version 2.2svn-2266). Have you later used anything with Beast in its name? If not you're still at chameleon.

To verify reboot and look at the first text line after POST. Bootloader (and version) is named there.

I'll check that when I'm back at my PC. If yes, how can I change it and which boot loader you'd recommend?

To be honest:  take your myHack-usb-flash-drive and start all over. (reason: most people here dislike tony-tools because they are modifying/messing around to many thing without documenting them. There will be the 10.9.2 update soon and will get problems installing because you don't really know what was modified. There are a few more things that won't affect you as user but as researcher of hacking osx...)

Boot via myHack-usb, run disk utility inside osx-installer (hidden in system tools), format your hdd, make a new installation, reboot using "-v -f dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" (keep your monitior cable plugged to your gtx) and reinstall the AppleIntellE1000e.kext using kext helper/kext wizard. 

Hello

I prefer that you re-install OSX with Myhack... but don't use Myhack to do post-installation, do post-installation manually

Your mobo is UEFI and i think it is disabled

I recommend Clover, but Clover is more complex... Chameleon is easier...

POST INSTALLATION
Chameleon: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/download/59-chameleon-22-svn/
Donwload pkg

You need create 2 main files:
*org.chameleon...
*SMbio

Create these files with app Chameleon Wizard

Install FakSMC and NullCPUPM(temp power management)...

If i understand right, I boot with the flags and then when my hack asks me to install extras I restart and install all the kext files that I need with the kext tool and after I post install a boot loader which is chameleon?

Mobo-UEFI-mode and chameleon don't conflict - at least not on H87M-D3H (board differ in LAN-chips, OC-capabilitiies and and an additional USB3-chip).

Choose "iMac14,2" in SMBios-file. You will have to make this manually, because latest model Chameleon Wizard knows is iMac13,x. Change the number AND mainboard number manually after creating a 13,x-SMBios.

Your additional needed kexts and chameleon can be installed in the same run without a reboot between. But install chameleon first, so you won't have to create the folders for com.chameleon.plist und smbios.plist manually ;-)

Argh - I forgot: before installing addional kexts have a look at System/Libary/Extensions. If there is a myHack.kext, delete it. Otherwise you will have several FakeSMCs interferring (slow booting and strange errors while booting)

Edited by Laberlohe

Mobo-UEFI-mode and chameleon don't conflict - at least not on H87M-D3H (board differ in LAN-chips, OC-capabilitiies and and an additional USB3-chip).

Choose "iMac14,2" in SMBios-file. You will have to make this manually, because latest model Chameleon Wizard knows is iMac13,x. Change the number AND mainboard number manually after creating a 13,x-SMBios.

Your additional needed kexts and chameleon can be installed in the same run without a reboot between. But install chameleon first, so you won't have to create the folders for com.chameleon.plist und smbios.plist manually ;-)

Argh - I forgot: before installing addional kexts have a look at System/Libary/Extensions. If there is a myHack.kext, delete it. Otherwise you will have several FakeSMCs interferring (slow booting and strange errors while booting)

Phew many unknown words for a hackintosh beginner ;D but I'll try to find my way through.

Feel free to ask for explaintions on unknown words...

Kext = driver

System/Libary/Extensions or S/L/E = place where real macs store there kexts. Kexts here will be changed by an OS-update

Extra/Extensions = additional place to store kexts when using chameleon (so only Hacks do have this location). Kexts here will not be affected by an OS-update, but some kexts don't work when placed here.

plist = defination file (preference list)

SMBios.plist = basic defination file for your machine (machine type and model, RAM/CPU-speeds,...). If a machine type and model similar to your specific hardware is choosen it is easy to enable the hardware. (e.g. SMBios of MacPro1,1 will expect a Smithfield/Kentsfield cpu and will fail with core-i-powermanagement)

Feel free to ask for explaintions on unknown words...

Kext = driver

System/Libary/Extensions or S/L/E = place where real macs store there kexts. Kexts here will be changed by an OS-update

Extra/Extensions = additional place to store kexts when using chameleon (so only Hacks do have this location). Kexts here will not be affected by an OS-update, but some kexts don't work when placed here.

plist = defination file (preference list)

SMBios.plist = basic defination file for your machine (machine type and model, RAM/CPU-speeds,...). If a machine type and model similar to your specific hardware is choosen it is easy to enable the hardware. (e.g. SMBios of MacPro1,1 will expect a Smithfield/Kentsfield cpu and will fail with core-i-powermanagement)

Okay thanks, one last question: where do I find the smb file?