Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phantom2000

Installing iATKOS S3 V2 on VMware Fusion 6

1 post in this topic

I'm tyring to run iATKOS S3 V2 on VMware Fusion 6(on Mavericks). I tried to set up Fusion with the iso file but when I start the VM, it says "The guest operating system is not MacOS X Server". Then I have downloaded the Fusion Unlocker v1.2.0 but I can't seem to get it to work. I have taken the execution permissions for the files install.sh, uninstall.sh and Unlocker.osx file by running the following commands,

sudo chmod +x /Users/tim/Desktop/VMware/unlock-all-v120/osx/install.sh
sudo chmod +x /Users/tim/Desktop/VMware/unlock-all-v120/osx/uninstall.sh
sudo chmod +x /Users/tim/Desktop/VMware/unlock-all-v120/osx/unlocker.osx

Then I tried to run the install.sh script using the command,

sudo /Users/tim/Desktop/VMware/unlock-all-v120/osx/install.sh

But I get this error message,

TimBok:~ tim$ sudo /Users/tim/Desktop/VMware/unlock-all-v120/osx/install.sh
Password:
VMware Unlocker 1.2.0
===============================
Copyright: Dave Parsons 2011-13
Patching...
/Users/tim/Desktop/VMware/unlock-all-v120/osx/install.sh: line 12: ./Unlocker.OSX: No such file or directory
TimBok:~ tim$

I need to know what I can do here to get rid os this issue and run the VM.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tlac
      Simple steps to create macOS Installer for Vmware on Linux or Windows

This guide describes how you can create a Vmware image (vmdk) for installing macOS in Vmware. Most tutorials about this topic require an ISO installer file that was typically created in macOS or you have to download some preinstalled image file from unknown source. None of them are ideal. But if you follow the steps below, you will not need to access macOS and will use official and trusted sources.

First of all download gibMacOS from here and set up
      https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS
        Run the script to download the full macOS installer:
      on Linux: gibMacOS.command on Windows: gibMacOS.bat  
      Install qemu-img converter

on Linux (Debian or Ubuntu):
      install qemu-tools package

on Windows use this installer:
      https://qemu.weilnetz.de/w64/
      when you run the installer, it is enough to select the "tools" and "dll library".

Convert the downloaded BaseSystem.dmg to Vmware image
      run the following commmand in that directory where BaseSystem.dmg was downloaded (somewhere here: gibMacOS-master/macOS Downloads/publicrelease/061-44387 - 10.15.3 macOS Catalina)
      on Linux:
      qemu-img convert -O vmdk -o compat6 BaseSystem.dmg recovery.vmdk on Windows:
      c:\"Program Files"\qemu\qemu-img convert -O vmdk -o compat6 BaseSystem.dmg recovery.vmdk  
      Use the previously created image to install macOS in Vmware

I assume you have a patched and working Vmware already. If not, find another guide but in nutshell:
      - confirm the VT-x is supported on your Intel machine (if you are on AMD you may not able to virtualize macOS or you need to do more work)
      - install VMware Workstation or VMware Workstation Player (free for non-commercial use)
      - use an unlocker to patch the Vmware to support macOS guest
       currently this works well: https://github.com/BDisp/unlocker/

So when you are here you have a patched Vmware and a Vmware image (recovery.vmdk).
      Run Vmware and create a new virtual machine by choosing macOS guest. But add another hard disk as well with selecting to use an existing virtual disk. Browse the recovery.vmdk. You will get a warning about the image is not in the latest format but choose to keep the existing format.
      After you installed the macOS, install the vmware tools as well.

Tested on Windows 10 with macOS Catalina 10.15.3 in Vmware 15.5 Player

Comments are welcome.

• By Kaku
      Greetings!

So I managed to get a Catalina 10.15 vm up and running in ESXi 6.7u2.
      When I try to install Catalina updates, however, it goes to the Apple logo, status bar moving ever so slightly, reboots again and this time hangs on the Apple logo.  To fix this, I either remove or disable "Mac OS" as an option in the bootloader. Is there a way to get these updates to install? 

In the meantime...

I instead of restarting Catalina after choosing to update it, I shutdown the guest.  After a restart it SEEMED to update with the time duration countdown.

Prior to this I did run disk utility and checked Untitled and Untitled-Data for errors (I don't think it found any).

So I just logged back onto the VM and the version is still 10.15 and NOT 10.15.2 as hoped. So weird.

Any ideas?

• By amalintosh
      Hi
      I was trying to install Mojave on newly built pc, I am stuck at this apfs-module-start 1393 error right now. I tried downgrading the bios version of my motherboard. Tried different KEXTS, EFI folders but didn't work. I have installed windows 10 on it right now.
      Can some one help me on this.

My PC Config
      i7 9700k
      16gb ddr4 3200ghz ram HyperX
      Asus rog strix z390e
      Gigabyte rx590 8gb
      Wd 500gb nvme m2 ssd
      2tb barracuda hdd

regards
      Amal

• By susteve
      Hello, I am new here, so I apologize if I've chosen the wrong subforum for this question. 

I am scratching my head a bit on an issue with a clients MacBook pro.  He was having USB connection issues and claimed the laptop wasn't detecting any USB connected to it. 

Figuring it was a failed USB port, I took it in but ended up just feeling more confused after doing some diagnostics. 

It came in loaded with Catalina, a recent upgrade spurned the beginning of the issues the client told me. 

I decided to revert it back to the default OS in the base recovery image, which is Yosemite. 

Upon finishing the install, I found that the USB port was in fact working again. Figuring I had resolved the issue, I updated it back to Catalina just to be met with the same issue upon reinstalling. 

SMH 

Tried nvram, pram, and smc reset each to no avail.  

One thing to note is that during boot, the USB is getting power as it lights up when connected during boot up. 

But the ports are dead as soon as it boots into the operating system. 

I have a strong feeling that this is a driver issue. I tried unloading and reloading the USB IO kext, with no noticable change. 

Is anyone here familiar with this issue? Would there be any other kext related troubleshooting i can perform ? Is it possible to revert to the kext used in Yosemite on catalina ?

One last thing to note, on Yosemite the USB was functioning 100%. But I did get a strange notification that the USB ports were using power even when there wasn't any connected to it. Either way, I find it very very odd that it works perfectly in Yosemite. 

Thanks in advance

Steve 
    • By Giuseppe Biondo
      Running macOS Catalina in Windows10 with VMware 15.5
      The system runs perfectly with only one very important problem: the display type.
      In my PC is installed an Asus RX580 4GB but the virtual machine runs with a graphic card of 128MB of GPU ram.
      The resolution is OK, but graphic tasks are very slow.
      VMware Tools are installed.
      How can I fix this issue?