need help on power mac g5 not booting up

5 posts in this topic

i have power g5 no picture on the display i tried to reset pmu and pram no luck and trying cleaning video card and apply thermal paste i got picture couple times and then i shut down the machine and started up again no video on screen and i noticed the fans get louder after while of running the machine 

any suggestions? 

There is an on board battery looks like ½ AA size.  A dead CMOS prevents a boot up.  Also a CUDA button can be pressed. Search Apple Support for procedure.  Depending what G5 model look at the power supply to see if there was leakage if this a liquid cooled model.  If it leaked it may have killed the power supply. Check this site http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/G5_CoolantLeak_Repair/G5_CoolantLeak_Repair_p1.html#storytop

This is provided the power supply works. I think DVWarehouse may have power supply exchanges. The pinouts on the power supply are not the same as generic peecee but some have made it work you would have to google that.

If I remember when you remove the plastic case the model and serial number is around the edge of the case.  Try everymac to get more info of that model.  

Lou Cioccio