Confused about Mavericks graphics card support

Costanegra

2 posts in this topic

Hello.

My AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphics card just died today. I'm currently running Mac OS X 10.7.4 on an Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard. I'm now debating whether I should replace my card with another one of the same model and keep my system as is, or if I should just update my OS X to Mavericks and upgrade my graphics card along with it. I'm having a really hard time deciding because I can't find a list of Mavericks' natively supported graphics cards. I'm confused as to whether all AMD 7000 series cards are supported, or if I should consider an NVIDIA card for Mavericks. I'm a total noob and I would prefer to avoid messing with kexts and such, so if I decide to upgrade to Mavericks, I would like a graphics card that's natively supported. If I do upgrade, I would do so using Andy's method (found here).

Can you guys help me decide for a good graphics card for Mavericks? I do a lot of video and photo editing, so I would like a robust card. However, I'm kind of in tight budget since I did spend some money over the holidays.

Any Input would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.