Parallel and PC Games ?

bkny1055

8 posts in this topic

that is what i was thinking about doing but wanted to see if there was a better way to play my games. it will get old to have to reboot my box everytime i need to play a game,

I also FTP alot and like to have my FTP's running in the background while i play my games so i am looking for something better

at this time i have a windows xp sp2 3.0 1gig ram running and a Dell / Hackintosh 3.6 1.5gig ram running

has anyone used a KVM (Keyboard Video Mouse) controller that will work with both Hackintosh and Winblows ?

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a zonenet 2-port KVM switch, VERY generic... but works perfectly when switching back and forth from my WinXP and eMac x86 boxes. In Parallels, the mouse and keyboard can be kind of slow, even after Parallel tools installed. But still usable.

NdofTaworld

The problem is not speed. Indeed, Parallels is almost as fast as native hardware. The problem is Parallels doesn't support graphics acceleration (required for today's games), and probably won't for the foreseeable future, since no app can communicate directly with the video card (barring some insane hack). The only semi-practical solution I can think of, would be to develop some sort of "virtual device and driver" that translates the environment's gfx calls into native OpenGL.

I miss my Medal Of Honor

Just get the Mac version! (unless you're talking about the newest one, or don't feel like re-buying the same game)