fungie

3 posts in this topic

At the moment I turn around a bit. i have a low latency portable soundsystem and it isnt expensive. 2740p + echo indigo iox. to compare the performance i did the "ableton performance test" 

windows: 19% cpu use

mac: 40% cpu use (graphics acceleration is off.so  eg a youtube video uses 60%^^)

windows earlier have sound glitches than mac. and it feels on mac there is a clear boarder, of when its begins glitching. so more stable.

the latency on windows is 1.7ms, on mac 2.2. but on mac it still feels faster. so in "think" mac has a better audio performance than windows.

but on mac my graphics works with 10.8.5 and the echo soundcard just with 32 bit kernel DP1 (10.8.0)

i'm really shure no usb or firewire soundcard has such a latency. eq rme babyface has 6 ms and costs about 600$

and i don't trust thunderbold compabilety of hackintoshes.

i just have to solve this delta of problems. Or buy a desktop pc for portable use. yeah^^

any ideas?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

successfully have installed mountain lion (10.8, 10.8.2, 10.8.4) and mountain lion dp1 on my 2740p.

I have an echo indigo iox soundcard http://www.amazon.de/Echo-Indigo-2-Kanal-Audiokarte-ExpressCard-Steckformat-Notebooks/dp/B001TNXUFE , so i arrived in dp1, because of it's 32 bit kernel. I also wrote an email to the echo support, asking weather they could release an 64 bit kext, but they said, they don't have the resources..

But i think there is no difference between what is working on which version, except that it works only since 10.8. I dont't know, weather dp1 uses a lion installer, but lion crashes before it loads the installer. dp1 works.

Installation

I used this guide to Install it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/276208-guide-install-mountain-lion-dp1-without-a-usb-drive-or-with/

I just added fakesmc.kext and nullcpumanagementkext and boot it with -x flag

Graphics (i'm still discovering. ask for details) 

Using this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/?hl=natit , I installed the "only CI - kexts" and got 128mb graphics ram instead of 64mb. in system report it says driver installed. and the red glitches, when i open the notification bar are away. but i can't see the slideshow previews for the screen saver, and fullscreen flash videos are still ugly.It's hard to see, weather the hardware acceleration is on, because in software mode it actually runs very smooth. I've tried QE but, the only thing i saw sometimes, was distortion. Maybe because it has an 1280x800 resolution.. i don't know.

Powermanagement

The Powermanagement kexts froum the intel hd graphics thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/?hl=natit but no states.

Input

with voodoo ps2 kext, the touchpad, trackpad, and all mouse buttons are working.

I tried to install tablet magic. multitouch doesn't work. I think the touchpen works, but couldn't try it. i have lost it^^

Sound

Voodoo hda kext and remove intel hda kext

Additional

Expresscardslot, camera and ethernet are working natively. wlan doesn't work. But i'm pretty shure, that it will with an broadcom one.

Tipp: Modifier a sata cable with an sata connector of an old hdd, to connect 2.5 and 3.5 inch drives to your incompatible laptop:

xoox2vp3.jpg

Questions and suggestions are welcome.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have installed it directly. Clover stops right before the gui should start. I have managed to install mavericks, by making the usb installer with windows. Usb installers i made using diskutility leads to "can,t find mach kernel"