Gigabyte Z77 DS3H - Is my SSD failing or do I have to adjust something on my system?

fflingo

3 posts in this topic

I have a fairly Hackintosh friendly system, here are my specs:

• Gigabyte Z77 DS3H
  • 16GB Ram
  • 128gb ADATA SSD
  • EVGA Geforce 670 GTX
  • 760W PSU
  • TP-Link TL-WDN4800 (supported out of the box)

I ran Mountain Lion for about 6 months without any issues, the last couple of months however saw the system often fail to return from sleep and sometimes even randomly lockup. I thought a fresh install might fix things, however since moving to Mavericks, it is still doing the same thing. I run windows on a separate 180gb SSD and it has never had any problems at all.

I used the following guide to set my system up (http://myhackmac.blogspot.ca/p/bios-settings.html), and it worked almost completely out of the box. 

But these crashes are getting worse and worse, and I can't figure out what is causing it. Is my SSD possibly going? Is there a test or anything I can perform to see it's health?

Any help is appreciated.

I ran Mountain Lion for about 6 months without any issues, the last couple of months however saw the system often fail to return from sleep and sometimes even randomly lockup. I thought a fresh install might fix things, however since moving to Mavericks, it is still doing the same thing. I run windows on a separate 180gb SSD and it has never had any problems at all.

But these crashes are getting worse and worse, and I can't figure out what is causing it. 

I have same problems and crashes. 

My system:

M/board - ASUS P6T SE

SSD - CORSAIR CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK.

As I know the problem with Quick Look is common, even on original MACs.

But I also have Finder freezing and very slow Safari. 

So I'm asking for help too.