Having trouble upgrading to 10.6.5 and beyond...

jman017

1 post in this topic

Hello.

I've successfully managed to install Mac OS X 10.6 on my Compaq Presario SR5505F PC, and upgraded all the way up to 10.6.4 without any issues.

However, when I try to upgrade to 10.6.5 or any version higher, problems start.

I've replaced the suggested IOUSB files (I don't know the full name off the top of my head), and when I boot up after the upgrade and file replacement, the screen turns all weird on me.... It becomes extremely pixelated, with random pixels running in an upward vertical pattern (looks like a crash to me).

When I re-installed and did this again, I didn't replace the file (the one mentioned above, to get USB working) and the desktop loaded just fine.... So I'm lead to believe there's a problem with that file? Unfortunately though, that stops my keyboard and mouse from working... and I don't have any PS2 or whatever it's called kind of keyboard or mouse to use as an alternative :(

I havn't replaced any kexts or used any utilities at all, aside from ##### to only "fix" the USB issue. All my hardware and everything works perfectly on 10.6.4 without any special installs or anything, aside from graphics being in low resolution.

My computer has all the standard, base hardware the Compaq Presario SR5505F model comes pre-built with, aside from my own upgrade to 4 GB of RAM and a new AMD Radeon HD 5450 1GB Graphics Card.

Again, everything works beautifully on 10.6.4 aside from low resolution graphics, and I would REALLY love to upgrade to higher versions, all the way up to 10.6.8 if possible.

Because of my computer model, there was never any AHCI options in my BIOS settings, but I'm able to boot into Snow Leopard just fine... But really, please help?

I can boot into Safe Mode without any problems at all.

I'd REALLY appreciate help! I'm absolutely in love with Mac OS! It runs amazingly well on my PC. It runs incredibly smooth, applications open instantly, everything is quickly responsive. And Mac OS by far runs better than any OS I've previously installed on my PC.

Hope someone can help me! :thumbsup_anim: