Just a couple problems

13 posts in this topic

Ok guys,

I really tried to figure all this out on my own so I wouldn't have to trouble anyone on here with these problems, but I just couldn't focus anymore. My specs are down in my signature. I'm going to start off by listing the problems I'm having.

1. Can not boot from HDD, can only boot when USB is in. (Tried installing a couple different boot loaders.)

I have chameleon installed now. ( Use Chameleon Wizard) When booting, it gets to Apple screen and immediately tells me to restart.  SOLVED: Forgot to drag the Extra folder from USB to root of HDD.

2. HD4000 graphics, screen has flickers when videos and ads and such are present.

I'm not going to lie. I have read a BUNCH of stuff on how to get these working. Some I understood and tried. (i.e. Changing device id in chameleon plist) And some I don't exactly understand what to do exactly. (i.e. Extracting, editing, patching, replacing DSDT.alm)

EDIT: 8086:0166 (rev 09)

3. Sound does not work.

I have tried to use VooDooHDA kexts, but that results in crackling (very badly) sounds. I can't exactly find my audio chipset. I have tried to run the command from terminal while using iAtkos install to get it but it wouldn't work. (Unless I was doing something wrong)   SOLVED

EDIT: 8086:1e20 (rev 04)

4. iCloud/Messages not working.

Although I'm not 100% worried about fixing this right now.

Besides though few problems everything else is working fine. Touchpad, keyboard, wifi, etc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I actually had to do GraphicsEnabler=No. I'm back in now. I REALLY need to get this figured out. I have been killing myself trying to get this worked out. 

EDIT: If anyone can help me with my graphical issue I would love you forever. I seem to have gotten sound to work but I REALLY need help with the whole graphics thing. I'm lost when it comes to that part. Please help if you can. Or at least point me in the direction I need to go to figure it out on my own. I have seen some posts about it but the OP doesn't exactly speak great english so some of it is hard to comprehend. Thanks!      

:hammer:

:wallbash:         <----- How I feel.

The latest version of Chameleon has new flags that allow you to better set graphics mode on HD4000 video.

The boot flag is: IntelCapriFB=<value>       (For Intel HD 4xxx, range 0-11)

Try boot flag: IntelCapriFB=0 and boot.  If video is not acceptable, then increase the number to 1 and then 2 up to 11.

I didn't really notice a difference with the setting that matched my graphics card. No resolution options and video from ads and your tube still choppy. And it's still only showing "Display 64 MB of Shared System Memory" in my About this Mac. I just want it to be able to identify my graphics card. And maybe make the choppiness go away. Not going to lie, all this is quite confusing.

EDIT: Also tried using the HDMI hookup and it wont even recognize.

EDIT2: If i boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapriFB=x I boot to a black screen. I can hear sounds like Vol+ and Vol- but I have no screen at all.

I'm going to do a fresh install and start from scratch with everything I know now. One I can get everything but the graphics fixed I will post in that forum. I have been out of Hackintoshing for a while now. The last time I worked on them I was actually able to help by posting tutorials. Funny how much you will forget if you dont KEEP doing it. A lot is coming back to me though. ^.^

I'm going to do a fresh install and start from scratch with everything I know now. One I can get everything but the graphics fixed I will post in that forum. I have been out of Hackintoshing for a while now. The last time I worked on them I was actually able to help by posting tutorials. Funny how much you will forget if you dont KEEP doing it. A lot is coming back to me though. ^.^

You should try to do a vanilla install and not use a distro. Distros are installing difficult to remove harming trash. I suggest that you should try out Pandora here from Downloads, if you really want to do a new install. For this you can use your current install.

An usefull guide for you, because of your long staying away, is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

I think, that there is anyway not much missing for perfect gfx. You should set in Bios, if it is possible, the ram of IGPU to 64 mb. The IG platform  for Capri, you have to set, must match this valure. In most cases 3 or 4 is working. The closest your cpu matching SMBios is that of a MacBookPro 9,2.

Have fun.

Yea, I'm going to have to do that from my actual Mac. My USB ports just decided to quit. I'm transferring some files from my old hdd to a new one so I can use my 750GB that came with my laptop. Thanks for the help everyone. Wish my luck on my new adventure! Haha.