Some problems with a new Hackintosh

CeeeJaaay

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, this is my second thread on the Forum. After 5 days of problems I finally managed to install Mavericks on my AsRock motherboard. However I've encountered some problems that I can't seem to sort out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. My PCI Wi-Fi adapter doesn't get recognized. It's a TL-WN951N and Mac OS doesn't see any PCI device. The device works in Windows. It's supposed to work Out Of The Box, so I don't really know what to do about it...

2. Mac OS doesn't recognize the 2 screens. I currently have a monitor with a resolution of 1600x1050 and a 1080p TV connected to my rig. Windows has no problem handling the 2 screens, showing the correct names for both of them, and letting me use the Extended Desktop. If I turn on the computer with both screens plugged in the monitor mirrors on the tv. If I turn on the computer with only one of the screens plugged in and I plug the other one in after Mavericks boot that screen doesn't work, I just get a black screen.

This are my specs if you need them:

Motherboard: AsRock Z87 Pro3

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz

RAM: DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile CML8GX3M2A1600C9B 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) CL9

HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda

under window os, most hardware would work as native.

your case, can you give more info about tool of installation, and you have the video card?

about the wifi, I am not sure your pci wifi, but you can try 

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter work native in OSX

Thanks for the help. I installed Mavericks with myHack. I don't have any video card at the moment, but I plan on getting one in a month. I can't fix the second problem at the moment because I got told that VGA is unsupported on Macs, and thus there's no way for me to use 2 screens properly if one is using VGA. When I'll buy my discrete graphic card I'll use an adapter so I'll be able to use the 2 screens properly. About the first problem I heard that PCI is unsupported unless I patch my DSDT file, and I couldn't find my motherboard custom patch so I have no clue what to do.