10.9 on GA-P35-DS - no sleep (10.8.5 is OK)

Warped

7 posts in this topic

Hi *.

I'm looking for help/assistance regarding solving sleep problem with 10.9 and Clover r2236.

I have fully working 10.9 on GA-P35-DS4/Q6600/Nv9400GS (QE/CI, audio, Net, PM, etc).

Only thing which is not working is sleep.

Asking for sleep causes screen goes black and system is still running. Resuming gives immediately working system.

On this machine I have also dual-booted 10.8.5 which has sleep/resume fully working.

Clover config is exactly the same between 10.8.5 and 10.9.

br

You have swap on?   I have 12 gigs memory and disabled it and runs pretty good.  ( there are pro's and cons to swap disable but for wife's system works well since she does not use it for  anything hard)

Heh - it looks like sleep works.

It only needs 15-30sec to get sleep - and this long delay was missleading me, initially dirtecting to conclussion it is not working.

Topic can be deleted.

Hi brother,

Glad you have solved your sleep issue.

I have installed Mavericks on my system (see Signature) and boot with Chameleon using a patched AppleHDA.kext for sound on the onboard ALC888.

Because of the iMessage & update issue with Chameleon bootloader, I tried using Clover r2236.

Everything work fine except that I lost my sound.

What did you have configure in Clover config.plist to get sound working on your system? Would appreciate if you can share your clover config.plist  and appleHDA.kext with us.

Thank You & Have a nice day.

Warped.  O noticed we both have Gigabyte P35 based systems.   Have you been successful in getting your sound working?

I have had no luck at all,  even though my audio system is loaded and recognized my Mavericks.  (I'm using HDEnabler1.kext)  I have an ALC885 chip (aka ALC889a).

I had some earlier problems with my CMOS getting overwritten, and I had to continually reset it.  I found a fix for that by patching AppleRTC.kext.

@helob,

Pls find attached my clover config.plist

I'm also attaching my AppleHDA.kext

Good luck

Thank you for your reply and sharing with us config.plist and appleHDA.kext.

What I find help to solve my sound issue is to use npci=2000 instead of default npci=3000 boot-args in config.plist for my system.

Hope this help others who has similar sound issue with clover.

Have a Nice day.

Warped.  O noticed we both have Gigabyte P35 based systems.   Have you been successful in getting your sound working?

I have had no luck at all,  even though my audio system is loaded and recognized my Mavericks.  (I'm using HDEnabler1.kext)  I have an ALC885 chip (aka ALC889a).

I had some earlier problems with my CMOS getting overwritten, and I had to continually reset it.  I found a fix for that by patching AppleRTC.kext.

What is your npci setting? Try set npci=2000 in Clover's Boot Args and seee whether this will solve your sound issue.

Good Luck