Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Installing macOS Catalina 10.15.2 on Lenovo ThinkPad L440
There are two version of this laptop:
- 20AS = Chipset QM87, without Express Card (mine).
- 20AT = Chipset HM86, with Express Card.
I strong believe is the same thing...
12/11/2019 04:24h GMT-0
- Added 10.15.2 update instructions.
- Replaced IntelMausiEthernet.kext with IntelMausi.kext.
11/08/2019 20:30h GMT-0
- Added instructions to swap Command with Option keys in VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
- Added additional FileVault 2 UEFI drivers be more practical.
10/30/2019 01:42h GMT-0
- Added 10.15.1 update instructions.
- Replaced AppleALC.kext with VoodooHDA.kext
- No more issues after sleep or misconfiguration with jack sense.
10/29/2019 18:18h GMT-0
- Replaced the config.plist with AppleIntelCPUPM = true.
10/27/2019 05:37h GMT-0
- Replaced the DW1560 wireless card with BCM94360CS2.
10/20/2019 20:47h GMT-0
- Removed AppleBacklightFixup.kext.
- WhateaverGreen now implements backlight since 1.2.5.
10/20/2019 18:10h GMT-0
- First version.
What works and what does not
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4300M -> Work. All SpeedStep stages.
- Video Card: Intel HD4600 -> Work. QE/CI and Metal.
- Chipset: Intel QM87 -> Work.
- Mini DisplayPort -> Work. But no audio, yet.
- VGA -> Not work. Normal.
- Audio: ALC292 -> Work.
- WiFi/Bluetooth: Intel AC 7260 -> Not work. Replaced with DW1560 BCM94360CS2 (need whitelist removal).
- Ethernet: Intel I217-LM -> Work.
- Card Reader: Realtek RTS5227 -> Not work.
- Keyboard and Touchpad -> Work.
- Webcam -> Work.
- Fingerprint Reader -> Not work. Normal.
- USB3.0 -> Work.
- Sleep -> Work.
- Airdrop, Handoff and Continuity -> Work after replaced wireless.
- Instant Hotspot -> Not work.
- FullHD 1920x1080 display upgrade:
Replaced with AU Optronics B140HAN01.1 30pin eDP (B140HAN01.2 and B140HAN01.3 also compatible).
Apparently same screen as Dell Latitude E6440, E7440, Lenovo Ideapad U430 and E129.
- CPU upgrade:
Replaced the stock Intel Core i5 4300M 2.6Ghz (3.3Ghz turbo) 6M cache with Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.4Ghz (3.4Ghz turbo) 6MB.
I initially had problems with overheating. The processor ran at full load above 90 degrees.
After using a quality thermal paste I can work between 70 and 80 degrees.
Acceptable taking into consideration that the new processor has 47TDP versus 37TDP which is recommended.
I also had no problem consuming the battery while charging. The original 65W source seems to have figured out.
- Touchpad upgrade:
Replaced the stock with T460 touchpad.
This is serious: you have to do it! It should be stock. Touchpad with precision and absurd quality!
Just do it!
- RAM upgrade:
16GB (2x8GB). No mistery here. Just upgade.
- Wireless upgrade:
Previously I have the DW1560 working almost perfectly, now replaced with BCM94360CS2 that is full native supported.
More info below.
- Make DP audio work.
- Make Card Reader work.
- Make trackpad appear in System Preferences
- Make Instant Hotspot work.
What you need to install
- Running install of macOS
- One USB flash drive of 8GB or bigger
- macOS Catalina install app
- Clover EFI
- Clover Configurator
- Some KEXTs and SSDT patches
How create create the install flash drive
Prepare install flash drive
Format the flash drive with GUID partition mapping and name it "Install".
- Open Disk Utility.
- Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
- Select the destination flash drive, then Erase.
- Name: Install, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Create install flash drive
Open terminal and run this command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --nointeraction This will take about 30 minutes.
Download the CloverEFI from official repository (used 5097) and install only with these options on "Install macOS Catalina":
- Install for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP
- UEFI Drivers - Recommended Drivers - AudioDxe (Just to have nice sound on boot)
- UEFI Drivers - Recommended Drivers - FSInject (I still don't know if it's really necessary)
- UEFI Drivers - File System drivers - ApfsDriverLoader (Support to APFS partitions)
- UEFI Drivers - File System drivers - VBoxHfs (Support HFS/HFS+ partitions)
- UEFI Drivers - Memory fix drivers - AptioMemoryFix (Fix the memory management of de UEFI/BIOS)
If you plan to use FileVault 2, you need to download additional drivers, since what comes with Clover is not up to date and use VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC.
Follow instructions bellow:
From current Clover installation, check these options to USB keyboard/mouse work on password screen:
- UEFI Drivers - Human Interface Devices - UsbKbDxe
- UEFI Drivers - Human Interface Devices - UsbMouseDxe
After Clover install will be created a partition named EFI and mounted in Desktop. Usually the path is /Volumes/EFI/.
Download the versions 2.1.0 and 2.0.9 of AppleSupportPkg from: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg/releases
We need the last version of AppleGenericInput.efi that is inside 2.1.0 and last version of AppleUiSupport.efi that is inside 2.0.9.
OR download attached bellow.
Put in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/
That's it! FileVault 2 will work without problems.
Make things works
After Clover install will be created a partition named EFI and mounted in Desktop. Usually the path is /Volumes/EFI/.
- Replace the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with mine attached below
- Put SSDT-L440.aml attached below in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
Generate your Serial, MLB and SmUUID
- Open the replaced config.plist with Clover Configurator (used 126.96.36.199)
- Go to SMBIOS, click few times in "Generate New" in Serial Number and SmUUID.
Copy the Clover Configurator to flash drive because you will need later.
Download those Kexts and put in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
- Download the VirtualSMC from here. I used all Kexts and UEFI driver (put VirutalSmc.efi inside /Volumes/EFI/EFI/drivers/UEFI/) from version 1.0.8 (If you followed the steps to enable FileVault 2 above, skip to the next item).
- Download the Lilu.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.8.
- Download the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from here. I used version 2.0.4.
- Download the IntelMausi.kext from here. I used the version 1.0.2.
- Download the VoodooHDA.kext from here. I used the version 2.9.2. (Need to turn up the volume on Info.plist, more instructions below)
- Download the WhateverGreen.kext from here. I used the version 1.3.3.
- Download the USBInjectAll.kext from here. I used the version 2018-1108.
Important! If you are coming from my previous Mojave guide, please note that I am using some kexts from other repositories / authors.
Audio volume adjustment
- Open the Info.plist inside VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/ with TextEdit.app or any text editor of your choice.
<key>PCM</key> <integer>90</integer> to:
<key>PCM</key> <integer>140</integer> Or, download the versions 2.9.2 attached bellow.
Keyboard swap Command with Option (optional)
- If you prefer, you can swap Command and Option keys, to map Win Key - Command and Alt - Option.
- Change /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/S400CA/UEFI/kexts/10.15/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist:
<key>Swap command and option</key> <true/> to:
<key>Swap command and option</key> <false/> Or, download the version 2.0.4 already adjusted attached bellow.
Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM94360CS2 + M2 NGFF adapter)
Recently I replaced the DW1560 with BCM94360CS2. Now I have fully wireless and bluetooth working (including Instant Hotspot) without any kexts.
Wifi and Bluetooth (DW1560 / BCM94352Z)
Unfortunately, some notebook manufacturers are currently blocking the replacement of wireless cards. They want you to only use the models sold by them. And of course, none of them from Lenovo for this notebook model is compatible with MacOS.
If you try to start with an unauthorized wifi card for them, you will receive a screen error:
1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card. Since this check is done directly in the BIOS, the only solution is to modify it.
But since nothing is easy in this life, there is one small big problem:
- The BIOS update procedure does not allow you to use modded files as it used to be.
- You will need to physically reach your BIOS on the motherboard and make use of a USB BIOS reader/writer.
So what you need to do:
1. Disassembly your laptop;
2. Dump your BIOS with an USB BIOS reader with SOIC8 clip (to not desolder from the motherboard);
3. Patch it (Ask on UEFI hack forums over there to someone patch for you. Every dump is unique, so mine don't work to you.);
4. Fix RSA signature;
5. Reflash BIOS;
6. Replace wireless card;
7. Remount your laptop;
To fix a Modded BIOS to remove the 5 beeps on boot, you need this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337333-guide-fix-insyde-h2o-bios-signature-5-beeps-on-lenovo (traduzido: pt-BR)
After replaced the wireless card. Download those Kexts and put in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.15/
- Download the AirportBrcmFixup.kext from here. I used the version 2.0.3. (To enable Wireless)
- Download the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext from here. I used the version 2019-10-17. (To enable Bluetooth)
- Download the BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext from here. I used the version 1.1.4. (To enable Handoff and Continuity)
Keep in mind that the bluetooth kexts are currently in development and the official releases will be available in future in the repository: https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases
Now you can start the installation without problem (I guess).
UEFI Setup Configuration and Installation
My BIOS is the latest: 1.93 (J4ET93WW)
- Shutdown and insert the flash drive.
- Power on with F1 pressed to enter BIOS setup.
- Change value: Config - Intel(R) AMT - Intel(R) AMT Control to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Security Chip to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Intel(R) AT Module Activation to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Anti-Theft - Computrace to DISABLED
- Change value: Security - Secure Boot to DISABLED
- Change value: Startup - UEFI/Legacy Boot to BOTH, Legacy First and CSM Support = Yes
- Save & Exit Setup (F10)
- Now, hold the F12
- In the list, select your flash drive.
- Choose the flash drive (white icon).
The installer will start.
Format destination disk
Format the disk with GUID partition mapping and name it "Macintosh".
- Select Disk Utility in the list, then press Continue.
- Click in View, then "Show All Devices".
- Select the destination Disk, then Erase.
- Name: HD, Format: APFS and Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Close Disk Utility.
Select "Install macOS", then Continue.
Follow instructions in screen.
After first part install the system will reboot. Maybe you have to press F12 again and select the flash drive.
Choose the internal disk (gray hdd icon) if not already selected.
The second part of the installation will begin. This will take 16 minutes.
When the second part of install finish, the system will reboot again.
After performing the user initial setup and go to the desktop, you need to make the system disk bootable.
Open the Clover Configurator from flash drive that you copied before.
Mount and open the flash drive EFI partition. (Inside Clover Configurator, Mount EFI -> Select flash drive in Efi Partitions list -> Mount Partition -> Open Partition)
Copy the EFI folder to desktop.
Go back to Clover Configurator, unmount the EFI partition of the flash drive and mount and open the EFI partition of internal disk.
Move the EFI folder from Desktop to EFI partition of the internal disk.
Eject the flash drive.
Move all Kexts from EFI partition of internal disk to /Library/Extensions and make kext cache, with those commands in Terminal:
sudo mv -R /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.15/* /Library/Extensions/ sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions sudo kextcache -i / Restart the system.
Updated without changing or updating anything.
Before install, update the following kexts:
- VirtualSMC.kext and all kexts and VirtualSmc.efi. I used version 1.0.9.
- Lilu.kext. I used version 1.4.0.
- WhateverGreen.kext. I used version 1.3.5.
- AppleALC.kext. I used version 1.4.4.
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I used version 2.1.0.
(all download links above)
Download the latest CLOVERX64.efi.zip build. I used version 5100.
Mount EFI partition and unzip to:
- /Volumes/EFI/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi (rename the copy of CLOVERX64.efi to BOOTX64.efi
Install update. Will reboot at least four time.
And last but not least
I would like to thank the following community members, by making these dream possible:
@crushers, @snatch, @apianti, @blackosx, @blusseau, @dmazar, @slice2009, @autumnrain, @phpdev32, @EMlyDinEsH, @RehabMan, @Scellow, @mitch_de, @Shailua, @Andy Vandijck, @maxfierke, @ArturXXX, @LexHimself, @brumas, @"Sniki", @Mieze, @headkaze and all others members involved directly or indirectly.
Filevault 2 additional drivers.zip
Hi all, I have been using an x240 thinkpad for more than 2 months as hackintosh and it is very stable. As of now I am in Catalina 10.15.1 and it’s running great until I updated it to the new clover build r5100. My laptop won’t automatically sleep when I close the lid down now. I reverted back to 5099 and close-lid automatic sleep works. I don’t know what caused the problem but I think 5100 fixed a dsdt patching of some sort that that conflicted with my config plist? Thanks in advance!
I'm a newbie to the concept of installing a Mac OS on alternative hardware. Please bear with me
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad x250 with 5th generation i7-5600U CPU, 16GB RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 5500. (I'd be glad to add any additional hardware details if needed)
My goal is to have a dual boot machine - Mojave and Win 10. I have two separated physical drives.
I've tried different methods, but none was stable to be operable.
If anyone of you has the experience with this specific model it will be really great to hear your opinion.
Hello Everyone ,,
I'd like to share with you my experience with Lenovo ThinkPad P50 ( EFI , and Installation Process with some tips ) Hopefully to be useful for anyone who own Lenovo ThinkPad P50
Before start I want to show you my device specs , and I'm sure 99% this will work too with any P50 have different spec. specially Intel i7 CPUs:
- Intel Xeon E-3 1535 v5 ( P530 Intel HD Graphics )
- 32 GB RAM
- 256 GB SK Hynix Nvme SSD pc401 hfs256gd9tng-62a0a - for Mac OS ( be careful not all nvme ssd are compatible)
- 256 GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD - for Windows
- 4K Screen
- Nvidia Quadro M2000M 4 GB ( Useless - Disabled )
- Intel WiFi Card ( Should be change to a compatible Broadcom one )
BIOS SETUP :
I highly recommend this steps before going to BIOS SETUP according to my experience with this Laptop :
*( Update your BIOS Firmware to the latest one using windows )
*( Remove Battery , Open the back cover and unplug the small CMOS BATTERY for about 4~5 minutes and put everything back again )
* ( Remove any SSD HDD Nvme disks , USB , DisplayPort , Dock .. etc during installation, keep only the target Disk )
Now Power your PC and Press F1 to enter the BIOS SETUP
- Reset BIOS to its defaults
- Adjust Date and Time
- Config ----> Network ---> Wake Up on Lan ( AC Only )
Network Stack ( Disabled )
- USB ----> USB UEFI support ( Enabled)
- Display ------> Total Graphic Memory (256 MB)
Graphic Device ( Hybrid)
- RAID -----> Disabled
- Security -----> Security Chip Selection ( Discrete TPM )
Secure BOOT ( Disabled )
Intel SGX Control ( Software Control )
- Start Up ------>BOOT Priority order ( USB HDD - Mac OS Disk - Windows - and so on ....... with this order )
UEFI/Legacy ( UEFI Only )
CSM Support ( NO )
** F1 to Enter Bios - F12 for Boot Menu
*** Delete the EFI Folder in your Installation USB and replace it with the Attached one
**** Generate new serial for SMBIOS MacBook Pro 13.1
***** If your CPU is XEON then go to Config.plist CPU Section and Add 0x05A5 under Type ( Fix for Unknown CPU )
****** You can delete boot-args "brcmfx=1 & brcmfx-driver=#a" if you want , I used it in my case with 1820A card to fix wifi issue
****** After you successfully installed OS , now Copy the same EFI Folder to your main EFI Boot Disk Partition
******* Now install all the attached KEXTS to "Library / Extensions" using Hackintool.app or by any method and rebuild cache and repair permissions
******** Check and compare the KEXTS in Library/ Extensions and Delete the repeated ones from Clover / Kexts / Others ( Important don't duplicate the same kexts here and there )
FYI : LiluFriend.kext include ( Lilu , WhatEverGreen, AppleALC , AirportBrcmFixup ) All In One
You are Done
What is working :
- 4K Intel HD P530 2048 MB
- ALL USB 3 PORTS , NO THUNDERBOLTS
- Keyboard and TouchPad
- Battery indicator
- Display Brightness
- DSDT has been patched , USB Ports modified only to MacBookPro 13.1
See the Screen Shot
Important Notice For Future OS Updates Installations :
To avoid Kernel Panic during install any future updates process please remove ( FakeSMC.kext and LiluFriend.kext ) from Library/Extensions directory to Clover / Kexts / Others .
After update process finish put them back to Library/Extensions and delete them from clover . I hope this is clear enough
Happy Hackintosh , Let me know if you have any issue or difficulties during installation or later , I will try to help you
*** Headphone Audio Distortions Fix ***
- just in case having this issue with headphones , go to clover > Devices > Properties > and change Audio Layout Id from 03000000 to 16000000 this means ( from Layout ID 3 to Layout ID 22 )
if this is not enough then place Codeccommander.kext in Library/ Extensions or Clover / kexts / other
And place hda-verb and Jack fix to usr/bin folder
In Catalina use this command to enable disk read and write ( sudo mount -uw / ) and show hidden files to see usr/ bin folder and place fixes there... audio will be fixed successfully
** P50 4K ICC Color Profile Calibrated **
You can download this icc and install it for more color accurate or modify it for the best result
Catalina 10.15.1 Update :
( download the attached files for Catalina 10.15.1 if you like to update Mojave or to do a clean fresh update )
Color Profile Calibrated.zip
Lenovo T460 macOS with Clover Guide
Latest Release on GitHub (November 2019) Updated to Clover r5099 Updated Lilu based kexts - Lilu, ALC, WEG Added acidanthera VoodooPS2 kext v2.0.4 moved the older 1.9 to the Misc Folder as an option.
Various Tweaks over Last months The zip file is a complete Clover ESP (/EFI) bundle and kext pack for the Lenovo T460. The current file bundle is tested on Sierra.
Note: I never got the GFX fully working on El Capitan.
Full Clover file set - config.plist etc. Includes all custom kexts Includes custom DSDT/SSDT scripts and patches Utility scripts The zip bundles are posted to GitHub: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/releases
Caveat: The T460 systems used here was configured with: i5-6300U, Intel HD Graphics 520, 1920x1080 touch screen. If you have a different system model, then extract the ACPI files and use the included scripts to create a set of files consistent with your system type and BIOS version. See below for details.
Credits: RehabMan, Shmilee, vusun123, TimeWalker, Mieze from which, much of their work and help is/was was used to get the T460 to this point.
Devices and aspects working:
Ethernet - Intel I219LM is enabled via IntelMausiEthernext.kext WiFi/BT - substitute the Intel WiFi/BT with a compatible Broadcom or Atheros chip Audio - ALC293 codec implemented via AppleALC.kext (the old AppleHDA_ALC293 and CodecCommander kexts are not needed) PS2 - ClickPad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - using a modified VoodooPS2Controller to support new layouts - and added some custom Fn key maps based on 440/450 dsdt USB - implemented via custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext. All USB3/USB2 ports are intel-based and work - 3 external USB and internal Camera, BT, etc Sleep/Wake - the sleepwatcher package and custom sleep/wake scripts are used to help with sleep/wake for BT and PS2 devices. Note: have not tried to implement the SD card reader - no driver found.
New Installation - Steps and Details
Part 1 - OS Installation
Part 2- Post OS Installation and Setup
Notes on Custom Kexts