How to make Clover works?

Jeffrey.C

3 posts in this topic

Hi, all:

I am trying my best to use the latest version of Clover, but after try many times, I failed finally.

during the whole stage, I found my clover is too wired....

Let me say one by one:

My Laptop spec:
1. Dell Latitude E6320
CPU: Core i5 2520m (Sandy Bridge,2.5G, Turbo 3.2G)
Mamo: intel QM67
Memory: 2G*2
HDD: Samsung SSD 830(128G)
netcard:Intel 82579LM(Vid 8086,Pid 1502)
Wireless Card:Atheros AR5B91
Bluetooth:Dell Dw375(BCM92070MD)
Video:HD3000(VID8086,PID0126)
Sound:IDT92HD90BXX(VID 111D, PID76E7)
Touchpad:Alps Electric

I put following drivers into EFI\Clover\Driver64UEFI
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus-64.efi
NTFS.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
PartitionDXe-64.efi
XhciDxe-64.efi

Darwin Dump Report:

DarwinDumper_2.8.5_AMI_X64_1958_ML_Jeffrey.zip

DSDT&SSDT:

DSDT&SSDT.zip

1. I current use clover V1958

It works, but the config.plist is wired. I used a <String></String> in plist file, so it is not a standard plist file, but the clover could boot into OSX, If I change the <String> to <string>, let the plist file to be standard version, the clover couldn't boot into OSX.

below is the config.plist which I used, and can boot into OSX in Clover V1958.

config-1958.plist.zip

The fist question: why the clover couldn't load into OSX after I changed the config.plist to standard version?

2. After boot into OSX, I use the Clover Genconfig to get the config.plist which should be work for my laptop,

a). dumped Config.plist by using Getcloverconfig for V1672+. Failed both in clover V1958 & V2236.

config-1672.plist.zip

B). Dumped Config.plist by using Clover-Genconfig for V1980+, Both failed in Clover V1958 & V2236.

config-1980.plist.zip

The second question: Why the different config.plist which dumped by different Genconfig script didn't work?

3. I tried to write a config.plist for Clover V2236, I used the Clover Configurator, and try to use this config to boot into OSX, but still failed....

config-2236 2.plist.zip

The third question: Do I need to add some other parameters?

4. I couldn't get the Verbose mode work, even I add "-v" in Boot-Argus in config.plist, the screen only shows as below picture. after that, the login screen of Mac OSX shows up....

post-46163-0-02328200-1382246079_thumb.jpg

The fifth questions: How can make the Verbose mode work....?

5. I couldn't change the themes no matter I modified the config.plist, or use the Clover preference panel. after I changed the themes name, the clover only use applestyle theme..... I deleted the applestyle theme, and only keep one theme like black_green, after reboot, the clover became the blue ugly one....(without any theme shows)

the sixth question: How can I make the theme work?

Sorry, I have too may questions, I have already tried no less than 100 times, but it still couldn't work....

any feedback is appreciated. thanks in advance.

hello

after the rev 2000 the config is changed

take a good read here

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration#Config.plist-structure

u 1958 config.plist have problems is not a valid .plist

my advice yo u is to read about clover.. is so many info.. and clover is a advanced boot loader

good hack

Dear artur-pt:

Thank you for your kind help. :-)

You are right, after rev 2000, the config.plist changed a lot, and I have already read the wiki many times, and i followed it and use clover configurator to make the new config.plist for rev 2236, but it still not works.

the rev 1958 config.plist is not a valid .plist file, that's right, because at the line 103, the <String>, I used a wrong word (upper S), it is not recognized by .plist file....But, only in this way, I used an invalid config.plist file, I could boot into OSX, if I changed the S, to make this config.plist file valid, I couldn't be able to boot into OSX, that's so abnormal, so I ask for help.