Blank Grey Screen After Booting Mavericks Installer

ksaad

10 posts in this topic

So I've had a look around before writing this, and I wouldn't be if I found a solution already.

I tried every suggested workaround to bypass the problem, but to no avail. I don't even have an AMD GPU. And without GraphicsEnabler=Yes I won't be able to see anything, using my 560Ti. Please help.

So I've had a look around before writing this, and I wouldn't be if I found a solution already.

I tried every suggested workaround to bypass the problem, but to no avail. I don't even have an AMD GPU. And without GraphicsEnabler=Yes I won't be able to see anything, using my 560Ti. Please help.

Have you tried deleting the kexts for your GPU and then booting with -v -x npci=(whatever you need) cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No  ?

try copying your extra folder with all its contents including the boot.plist  to the install usb , double check you have the essential extra kexts and the correct kernel which you can extract from the dmg image and make sure to have the latest chameleon bootloader installed to the usb .   

start again , make a new usb installer from scratch and include your extra folder from ml ... i couldn't install from my usb until i included all i mentioned and and smbios.plist  and chameleon 2.2 svn r2265   if still not working swap ml graphics kexts to usb

After a few more attempts that eventually led to taking a desperate measure (which I never had to take before), it turns out that all I had to do was unplug the display from the GPU and plug it back in. I only had to do this before the language selection window pops up. But after that everything went smoothly. I hope there's going to be a workaround for this in the future.

Thank you Dax and Jim. You've been quite helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

After a few more attempts that eventually led to taking a desperate measure (which I never had to take before), it turns out that all I had to do was unplug the display from the GPU and plug it back in. I only had to do this before the language selection window pops up. But after that everything went smoothly. I hope there's going to be a workaround for this in the future.

Thank you Dax and Jim. You've been quite helpful.

Thank You KSAAD for your response! I always knew that I had the right Boot Flags because I installed Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion on this same machine on different hard drives. I decided to try out Mavericks because it was free and I downloaded and installed it to my USB stick via Tonymacx86 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.0. But after seeing my screen in verbose mode it would dissappear before the language screen. I followed your doing and unplugged after verbose mode and plugged back in after the language screen showed up and Voila it worked!!!