Audio editing applications

level70steve

3 posts in this topic

If you have a working audio management app for Mac, let us know!  The first thing you need to do is investigate your hardware and make sure you have sound running.  For more information, post in the appropriate board regarding your version of OS X under the post-installation category.

Sound Forge Pro version 1.0 does work nicely on a Hackintosh so far!  It's got most of the essentials with an iTunes feeling, I thought.

Home page with link to limited trial download: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/soundforgepromac

post-917087-0-43401600-1381461977_thumb.png

Audacity is good. Best of all, it's free and open source.

I bought Reaper a while back. You can use the same license on both OS X and Windows. The price is right and the possibilities with this are overwhelming. Lead developer is the original author of Winamp.

I can't seem to get the latency down to a playable level when using virtual instruments with Reaper, but audio recording/monitoring is fine, thanks to my Focusrite Saffire having direct monitoring.

I'm using the Focusrite as main audio I/O on OS X, my ALC889 on-board sound is disabled. It works great for everything, games too.

I use Amadeus Pro (for full functionality best order direct and not from App Store) and Sound Studio for audio editing.