• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
krrkrr

HP Elite 7500: OSXable ? Please help...

7 posts in this topic

Hello everybody...

I think about my first hackintosh... I'm a Mac user since ... well.. a looooong time (-:

I'm using some things from here to make some PC components to work on my Mac Pro, but I never tried to build a hackintosh.

I'm gonna have to deal with this:

http://h20386.www2.hp.com/FranceStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=D5R92EA&opt=ABF&sel=PBDT#merch-tech-specs

for some serious reasons, I'm not to change anything in the original hardware. Is it possible to install Lion or Mountain Lion or Mavericks ? What would be your advices about that ?

thanks a lot for your insights and tips.

Edit: I've tried... without success... please read my latest posts... if you feel like giving some help...

quick look at the specs looks like it should work, make sure you have a supported graphics card in there, the nvidia would be good.

I have been able to get OS X to run on many HP desktops

quick look at the specs looks like it should work, make sure you have a supported graphics card in there, the nvidia would be good.

I have been able to get OS X to run on many HP desktops

thanks a lot for your reply... that's reassuring. even if there's only the HD 4000 or 2500 in it, I've read that it is supported... so I guess I can really think now how to make my very first hackintosh (:

Hi everybody...

I've downloaded Pandora and installed, follwing instructions, on an USB key...

I've booted on this usb key... got a lot of text scrolling.... and then, it keeps saying for " Still waiting for root device"... what did I forget ? or do wrong ?

thanks for help/reply