installing mac on a touchscreen laptop

6 posts in this topic

i was wondering if anyone has tried it and what was the best way to accomplish this i have a toshiba satellite p55t-a5202 intel core i5 processor and intel hd 4000 graphics i install mac on my last laptop it had intel core i3 and intel hd 3000 graphics so i think it will be able to run the os but what about the touchscreen ability i cant seem to find a kext to make it work or a tutorial anywhere about it

Because real macs dont have touchscreen, so you will never have touch screen!

all it is is a second pointing device so pretty much a touch pad thats what im asking is if a kext would be able to utilize this feature to make it so touchscreen would work you didnt even answer any of my questions also would you look at this http://store.apple.com/us/question/answers/product/MC574Z/A/how-well-does-osx-work-with-a-touch-screen-monitor/QH9C7D7YAHHD9UDXJ if it works on a external monitor why not a laptop monitor so please someone with more experience help me

Hello.

A short input o this one. I'm using an Acer LBMIDZ 27" 10-point Multitouch monitor with my newly built hack which works wonders with the touchbase drivers, also they have this gestures add-on for the "purchased" driver. They also told that if your'e a "home user" you get a discount to about $ 90 for the driver though i still think it's insanely expensive for the functionality it adds.

The driver is free to try and have a 100-click limit before you have to reboot the computer ( to reset the "click-limit") so you could try to see if it works for you.