• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
cele_82

General questions about DSDT

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding DSDT creation, I'm ok with all what concerns kexts/binary patches etc by I never really created my own DSDT.

Currently on my laptop I'm using the DSDT created by another user with the same model.

Here you go:

- what's the best software to use and up to date? Maciasl? DSDT editor?

- Why if I decompile the patched DSDT I'm using and try to compile it I get errors? Should it be clean from errors? (If I get errors I saw Maciasl doens't save the aml file and I don't understand how was possible to create in the first place)

- To test a DSDT is it safe enough to put in the Extra folder with a different name than dsdt.aml

- is there a generic repo for patches for MAcIasl? I saw there are many but motherboard specific... I was looking for some generic patches like then ones bundled with DSDT Editor

Thanks for any asnwers you can give me.