Trying to get SnowLeopard on HP laptop, ModCD+Retail dmg on usb

SnowLeopardUSB

2 posts in this topic

I had a Mac for a short spell a couple years ago. I took the precaution of backing up the dmg off the disc onto one of my storage drives. I lost that Mac and the disc, I won't bore you with the dramatic details, but recently I was in that storage drive and I found that dmg. I began to wonder if I could use it to triple boot Win7, SnowLoepard & Ubuntu on the HP 17" Pavilion. I started to study on the subject and got the dmg onto a USB formatted in HFS+ and scored ModCD. ModCD recognizes the USB and begins to install stuff but I never see SnowLeopard install where I click the next button and proceed. I always get an error. I've tried -x and -x -v -f apci=off cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No , no success. That last line of commands I got a pic of my screen when it gave me errors and I wanted to see what some experts thought. It's not super sharp but it should be readable to an expert.

I'm close to giving up on SnowLeopard, if you guys can't help I will just drop the whole idea.

AHCI is on

2.0ghz i7quad(Sandy)

Radeon HD 6770m

post-1222866-0-17307500-1380936689_thumb.jpg

hello

with that config.. better ML.. snow few support for that cpu and graphics (only work hd 3000)

snow to boot must use snow leopard 10.6.3 retail + nawcom mod cd + legacy_kernel

and probably boot with cpus=1

common problem with HP (lapic fix) 

good hack